Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments  (Read 426934 times)

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments
« Reply #7935 on: 12 January, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »
It's only a mid life crisis if you plan to live to 80...

No guarantees to last that long of course Tordel, but I just need to get as far as the year that 'San Junipero' becomes reality.

Cheers everyone- over the shock of it now!

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: 12 January, 2018, 05:18:52 pm »
To shamelessly nick a gag from Inside No9, if you hit 40 and get a sudden urge to deliver babies, you’re having a midwife crisis.

For me, 30 and 40 were no big deal but I found 50 quite depressing cos that’s proper middle aged. Hope you had a grand day!

Mattofthespurs

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: 12 January, 2018, 06:10:28 pm »

For me, 30 and 40 were no big deal but I found 50 quite depressing cos that’s proper middle aged. Hope you had a grand day!

Thanks for that. 9 months and counting....And I would dearly love that to be middle aged. Such high hopes I have.

Old Tankie

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: 12 January, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »
You’re all sprogs!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: 13 January, 2018, 07:43:52 pm »
Happy birthday sir, and speaking as someone for whom 40 was a literal previous lifetime, I can affirm that it can get a lot better from there on in.

On the other hand, it can also get worse first, so keep that In mind. Being now two years off fifty, I'm very aware of living in my twilight years. An acquaintance swears blind I told her I didn't expect to live to see that particular milestone, so I take every day as it comes.
SBT

Fungus

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: 13 January, 2018, 08:40:00 pm »
Happy birthday sir, and speaking as someone for whom 40 was a literal previous lifetime, I can affirm that it can get a lot better from there on in.

On the other hand, it can also get worse first, so keep that In mind. Being now two years off fifty, I'm very aware of living in my twilight years. An acquaintance swears blind I told her I didn't expect to live to see that particular milestone, so I take every day as it comes.
SBT

literal?