Main Menu

Poster prongs and where they came from

Started by Paull43, 12 January, 2017, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paull43

I was just wondering if the judge dredd poster progs were given out as a free gift and if so what was dredd poster prog #5 given out with. Was also curious to the nemesis poster prog and its origin.

Fungus

Quote from: Paull43 on 12 January, 2017, 10:17:29 PM
I was just wondering if the judge dredd poster progs were given out as a free gift and if so what was dredd poster prog #5 given out with. Was also curious to the nemesis poster prog and its origin.

I have none but they are priced so there's your answer.

Frank

Quote from: Paull43 on 12 January, 2017, 10:17:29 PM
I was just wondering if the judge dredd poster progs were given out as a free gift

Quite the opposite. More than twice the price of 2000ad for six pages of strip - how could I resist?

There was no creative or strategic reason for it. The poster prog concept worked well on Sonic. It made a lot of money, so we thought 'let's do more'.

Publishing Director John Davidge, Thrillpower Overload, p.164

Paull43

Yep, now that you mention it,there is a price on the ones I've got. Can't seem to find dredd poster prog #5 but have a feeling most of them got hung on a wall somewhere and were probably chucked out when girls were invented.

blixab

They were all sold as additional items. The hardest ones ones to track down are Nemesis, Judge Dredd 5 and the Dan Dare one in good condition.