Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance  (Read 249 times)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
Re: The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance
« Reply #15 on: 19 May, 2017, 08:37:04 pm »
Si Spurrier, Dark Crystal, that's gotta be good.

Based on the unused screenplay for the sequel, I believe… and, yes, I'm sure I've had comps so it's definitely out in dead tree format…
Eagle Award Nominated Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #16 on: 19 May, 2017, 08:37:50 pm »
I liked The Dark Crystal but the twist was so obvious that it ruined things a bit.

I didn't realise it was supposed to be a 'twist' kind of film.  I thought it's fairly obvious what's happening with the Skeksis and the urRu from the time that the Emperor / Master died simultaneously and even more so when the urRu Alchemist just vanishes at the same time that the Skeksis Scientist dies.

sheridan

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #17 on: 19 May, 2017, 08:39:09 pm »

Based on the unused screenplay for the sequel, I believe… and, yes, I'm sure I've had comps so it's definitely out in dead tree format…

Yep - I've seen copies in various comic shops.  Annoyingly only from about the third issue onwards, otherwise I'd have snapped them up.  I'm hoping for a collected edition (still got my so-far unread Marvel adaptation somewhere).

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 May, 2017, 09:20:07 pm »

Yep - I've seen copies in various comic shops.  Annoyingly only from about the third issue onwards, otherwise I'd have snapped them up.  I'm hoping for a collected edition (still got my so-far unread Marvel adaptation somewhere).

Damn yeah. You can get issue 1 at reasonable price on eBay. 2 at ouch but not horrible money BUT no issue 3. I think this is a trade wait then!

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #19 on: 19 May, 2017, 10:11:40 pm »
Damn yeah. You can get issue 1 at reasonable price on eBay. 2 at ouch but not horrible money BUT no issue 3. I think this is a trade wait then!

At some point in the near future, I will start flogging my excess comps. I'll drop you a PM when I find these.
Eagle Award Nominated Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

M.I.K.

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Mal Comix
« Reply #20 on: 19 May, 2017, 10:38:57 pm »
I liked The Dark Crystal but the twist was so obvious that it ruined things a bit.

I didn't realise it was supposed to be a 'twist' kind of film.  I thought it's fairly obvious what's happening with the Skeksis and the urRu from the time that the Emperor / Master died simultaneously and even more so when the urRu Alchemist just vanishes at the same time that the Skeksis Scientist dies.

I didn't take it as a 'twist' either. You're told within the first five minutes of the film that two new races were created when the crystal shattered and that the leaders of both races are now dying.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 May, 2017, 08:15:32 am »

At some point in the near future, I will start flogging my excess comps. I'll drop you a PM when I find these.

Defo do as I'll be more than happy to buy them. Thanks Jim.

edgeworthy

• Mek-Quakes Leftovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 May, 2017, 08:28:23 pm »

The Goonies is horrible shouty rubbish but it's well made and I can see why people appreciate its feel of adventure.

Labyrinth is an imaginative, fun film and I know for a fact that many young girls (at the time) were quite affected by David Bowie's performance and tight trousers (my girlfriend is one of them - you don't want to know what gets talked about on the Facebook group :-\)

As for dark kids films - the one that always sicks in my mind is The Secret of Nimh. I haven't seen it for years but it freaked me out a bit at the time.
Personally it was Jennifer Connelly's heaving for me!