Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 20/04/06. 7.20pm, SCHOOL RE-UNION...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 29 April, 2006, 03:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...this i hope will be an interesting debate, from the trailers it looks just a little uninteresting, bu will in be another Bad Wolf?, but man size tissues to the ready Sarah Jane Smith is back along with K9, differant strokes for differant folks...

...'i think were heading for the biggest BANG in history', 'affirmative mistress',...

Adrian Bamforth

I'm assuming it's not set at Rose's school reunion, otherwise it would beg the question: Why would a time traveller go to a school reunion?

ADE

The Monarch

It refurs to k-9 and sarah jane smith doesn't it?

Floyd-the-k

Sarah Jane Smith was a babe. How is the show?

Bico

Looking forward to seeing K9.  Sad.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dirty.sanchez/antdec.gif">

DavidXBrunt

Spoilers in the latest Doctor Who Adventures. To be fair it's not due out until Wednesday but retailers are sticking them out early again.

Comic strip's written by Si Spencer this time around.

ARRISARRIS

...its not so much retailers sticking it out early its distributers like Menzies that distribute them far to early, when a new issue of anything comes in the lod issue goes back so you then put the new issue out to replace it...

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

The Amstor Computer

Cracking episode. Great fun to see K9 back - and used so well (the moments with Mickey were priceless). The scenes with Sarah Jane and the Doctor were a touch overplayed, I thought, but still very touching. Good villains, daft plot, pretty good SFX & an interesting tease for next week.

One thing - sack the bloody idiot who mixes the music. It's overpoweringly loud throughout, and it was just distracting in the final scene between the Doctor & Sarah Jane.

Really enjoying the series so far, and Tennant is settling in nicely & is very good when he's asked to do a bit more than mug to the camera.

ARRISARRIS

...nice to see Sarah got a new K.9, now they can make K.9. and Company 25 years to late...

Mike Carroll

I enjoyed it! Best Tennant episode so far! And Sarah Jane is still a babe!

DavidXBrunt

Well in a way they are doing, but without Sarah Jane.

I enjoyed that a lot, but then I was always bound to. This is the fourth time we've caught up with Sarah Jane (two different fates in the books, and once in the audios - what did you think Bish?) but this is the one that felt right. Glad I watched Pyramids with the eldest niece and nephew on Wednesday now.

Anyway, yeah, lots of fun and it'll be interesting to see where they go with Mickey on board. Next week's episode was written by Stephen Moffat so I have high hopes for that.

paulvonscott

I'd agree it was the best one so far.  

As always however I thought it could have been a lot tighter.  I felt I knew what they were aiming for, but they couldn't quite pull it off.

Two gripes in particular I mention because they are both problems the first series suffered from.

There should be more to the exciting bit of doctor who than playing up to the sterotype of running down a corridor.  

Aliens are allergic to one substance which makes them explode/dissolve is almost unforgiveable to be honest in this day and age.  Try having some plot instead.

As for the series secret sausage.  The moon featured again quite prominantly with uneccesary pauses.  It was dropped in with such a clang in the first episode it's hardly surprising you see the echoes throughout the show.  Moon/Cybermen is my guess, or as I said before, if he's taking the piss Bad Wolf 2 - revenge of the Bad Wolf.

But yeah, an enjoyable if not perfect 3/4 hour of TV.

Al_Ewing

Bit emo. "Never mind the alien invasion for a minute, Doctor, let's talk about OUR FEELINGS OUR FEELINGS SUCH STRONG FEELINGS."

They should do a special CGI episode called 'The Ten Doctors' where numbers one through seven turn up and flush McGann, Ecclestone and Tennant's heads down giant space toilets while shouting "HA HA, YOU CRY LIKE GIRLS" over and over for an hour and a half.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Lord Running Clam

A really good episode.Though I thought it could of been a tad longer, so they didn't have to overforce the drama so much.
The effects were wonderful throughout.The aliens looked far better then the ads showed them.
K9 was great.I think they treated him just right, and it was nice how he saved the day.
Antony Head and Tennant played well off each other.
It's nice to be getting Mickey as a companion.I'm looking forward to seeing the Doctor/Rose/Mickey dynamic.