Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 07/04/07, 7pm, THE SHAKESPEARE CODE...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 07 April, 2007, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

Buddy

From the clips I've seen it looks terrible.

The bloke from Shamless who plays the bard was on breccy telly the other day saying he played him as a 21st century character.

!

Not enjoying Tennant as Who, too shouty and over-exaggerating gestures at pantomime proportions.

Maybee when rtd leaves he will take all is gushing with him and the show can be allowed to calm down a bit.

The Adventurer

This looks to be the low point of the season (glad they're getting that out of the way early) like the other historical episodes of the last two seasons (The Unquiet Dead and Tooth & Claw respectfully). However there is always a change this will be another Girl in the Fireplace. But I'm not holding out hope.

Still, mediocre Who is general better then 99% of the rest of TV out there. At least while BSG is in the off season.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ARRISARRIS

...must admit im not over enthusiastic about the topic of this weeks episodeeither, even the witches look abit cheesy, and cant wait to get next weeks episode out of the way, GRIDLOCK, which yet again favours RTD fascination with the year 5 billion, maybe after that we can get into the meat of this season with some very promising looks stories...

...mind you if these 2 ep's prove to be corkers it will be a nioe surprise...

The Adventurer

Actually I can't wait for Gridlock. I don't mind the Year 5 Billion setting/subplot. Hopefully we'll see the Face of Bo and see if he finally gives the Doctor his message.

paulvonscott

"The Unquiet Dead"

Actually, this remains my favourite episode.  Hard not to wish Gatiss had been behind Who or that his scripts had escaped the RusselTDavisation process.  But he'd be my number one choice to take over after the fat bloke, but I'm sure there are lots of talented people I've never heard of.

"Hopefully we'll see the Face of Bo and see if he finally gives the Doctor his message."

He does (SPOLIERS)...
'Doctor, you are a gay'

The Adventurer

I don't think Paul likes new Who very much.

ARRISARRIS

...Boe will say, 'i am your father'  ' NOOOOOO, really? thats just soooo HUMAN' replies the Doctor, 'did i mention i dont do domestics???'...

paulvonscott

Well I'm not watching it (and seem to be mercifully free of temptation to watch it) just as I gave up on the McCoy Who after a while, but I still seem to be interested in what people are saying about it, even if I'm not interested in the actual show.  So please excuse my curmudgeonly appearences :)

Buttonman

It clashes with TV Burp. How to decide which to watch? FIGHT!

Nah, it's Harry for me, that never disappoints whereas the good Dr is patchy at best. I will pick Dr Who up 'on demand' later on just to see what everyone is moaning about!

Buddy

TV Burp for me also I think.

Now, if Harry Hill were the Dr. with stoofus (sp?) as assistant and nanna Hill as villin of the week that would be worth watching!

The Adventurer

Steve Green

It's a digest of the week's (usually terrible) TV presented by Harry Hill.

There are quite a few clips on YouTube.

- Steve

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeulunlNdk" target="_blank">TV Burp

Bico

Swings and roundabouts, really - if Dr Who hadn't been made, Life On Mars would never have been given a green light.  On the flip side of this arguement, Hyperdrive would never have been made either, but you can always choose - like everyone else in the country, apparantly - to not watch Hyperdrive.
And it'll still get a second series.
Robin Hood was commendable, though - even if the bad production and over-apparant anachronisms grated with critics.

It's a genuine shame that Primeval isn't running new episodes alongside Who, as I think it'd be a well-needed boot up the arse for all involved when there was a notable exodus of viewers for the dinosaurs-munch-humans action on ITV, and Beeb management started making the otherwise looney suggestion that Who's success might have more to do with the fact that there's fuck all else on a saturday evening, and less to do with RTD's odd compulsion to show inter-racial relationships in a negative light.

The Adventurer

less to do with RTD's odd compulsion to show inter-racial relationships in a negative light.

Wait, what? How on earth are you getting that from Doctor Who?