Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

How's he going to pull that trigger and hold the gun, with only two fingers?

I put it to you, sir, that your zombie robot pirate nazi is seriously flawed!
 ;)

- Trout

Kerrin

Bloody hell! That's turned out rather well Radiator. Did you scan the sketch into photoshop or something and work on it from there? I only ask 'cause I got photoshop elements for my mac at christmas and I'm currently getting my head round what it can do, or rather what I can get it to do. Nice work fella.

radiator

Cheers. I worked on the sketch a bit more, and inked it with fine liners and a nice brush pen. Then I scanned it into Photoshop (I use Photoshop 7, because my computer is old). I use quite a complex combination of adjustment layers and masks to paint the image, then drop some textures on top.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Kerrin"That's a rather pleasant landscape Peter. Some of the lines in the background are quite light (as they would be), is there a fantastical element to it?

Some of the lines in the background are faint because its not finished yet.I could either add more depth to the background in the distance [but not too much] or cheat and not do any more and it would give the appearance of fog or mist/low cloud in the background.I did a few of these to get the hang of drawing naturalistic rock formations.

Its meant to be a snowscape and its meant to be a view of Snow City [i became obsessed with drawing it] from Meltdown Man [courtesy of Belardinelli] from a different angle or perspective so it is fictitious or fantastical.Make it up as you go along.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

Quote from: "peterwolf"ts meant to be a snowscape and its meant to be a view of Snow City

Aha, I thought it was something along those lines. Must admit I haven't looked at Meltdown Man since it was originally published.

Bouwel

QuoteIts meant to be a snowscape and its meant to be a view of Snow City

I thought I recognised it. Nice!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Daveycandlish

More a quick sketch than a finished piece but I like it
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Kerrin

Quote from: "Daveycandlish"More a quick sketch than a finished piece but I like it

That's the whole idea Davey.

Have a crack at the monthly art comp mate. I know that the more entries there are the happier Jim'll be. Sketches are fine there as well. As long as they're relevent to the subject of the comp of course.

The reason I started this thread was for people to post doodles, sketches, scribbles, dawbs and if the fancy takes them, finished pieces. The more the merrier I say. There's a vast wealth of amateur, semi professional and very professional artists on this board who must come up with reams of stuff that wouldn't be classed as a 'finished piece' but are still worth sharing so post whatever the hell you like, I know I'll enjoy looking at all of them.

Roger Godpleton

I find it most perturbing that no one has drawn any cocks.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bouwel

QuoteI find it most perturbing that no one has drawn any cocks

This isn't a furry board... :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

gnilleps

Quote from: "Godpleton"I find it most perturbing that no one has drawn any cocks.

Al went pro.

Kerrin

If you really want to post a picture of your tallywhacker Godders then you go for it young man. Talking of which I'm guessing a man of your cultural calibre has seen the motion picture 'Superbad', the gallery of knob drawings at the end of that very nearly made me shit a lung with laughter. Seriously though, if you can keep your hands of yours long enough, do a wee sketch and post it, and we'll all give you our considered opinions.

PS. I'm not serious.

Peter Wolf

Cock A doodle do.

[apologies].
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

My profuse apologies.

In my defence I am well drunk.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

No need to apologise mate, we all know you're just having a laugh. Same as us. Have a good evening. Good luck with your hangover.