Main Menu

VALUATION - SIGNED JUDGEMENT ON GOTHAM - WAGNER BIZ GRANT

Started by Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty), 18 October, 2010, 10:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Item: Judge Dredd - Batman - Judgement on Gotham
Description:
First Print (Titan Books) October 1991 signed by Alan Grant Simon Bisley and John Wagner

I was wondering if anyone could hazard a guesstimate as to what this Noval could be worth ?

Thanks Gumpty  :|
Never rub another mans rhubarb

matty_ae

The signing tour was pretty heavy. I'd imagine if the book was something like 5.95 when it came out you could probably add a £5 on top if you got a bite from a big fan.

karlos

Just got this "signed" on eBay - interestingly, it's clearly signed by: Biz, Mills, Kev Walker and Tony Skinner!

Anyone else got one of these or, indeed, knows what sort of anomaly it is?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: karlos on 30 November, 2018, 07:54:41 PM
Just got this "signed" on eBay - interestingly, it's clearly signed by: Biz, Mills, Kev Walker and Tony Skinner!

People are idiots. I met up with Kev at an ABC Warriors signing many years ago with Pat and Tony, and people were just putting anything in front of them to sign. ISTR someone presented Kev with a copy of Judgement on Gotham while we were talking — Kev declined on the grounds that he wasn't Simon Bisley and the punter replied "Yeah, but you're a J.D. artist, aren't you?" (At this point, Kev had drawn exactly one Dredd story, in an annual). The guy obviously wasn't going to take no for an answer, so Kev signed it to keep the line moving.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

karlos

Blimey!  Certainly explains it!

Thanks a million for replying, Jim!

Richard

Unbelievable. I would never dream of asking someone to sign someone else's work. What a nerve!

Dandontdare

It is a weird thing to do, sometimes deliberately with mischief in mind: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/discussion.php?id=hcm0lneob0g7afhueztd9tlj

The only exception I have is a hardback copy of America (which I won from Judge Burdis in an advent calendar raffle a few years back, and have been adding to since) which has been signed by dozens of 2000ad writers, artists and Thargs, some of them twice (the notable omission being Pat Mills - I'm coming for you Pat!)

Tjm86

There are some serious comedians when it comes to signed Tooth products.  Some of the list prices on eBay are hysterical, copies of Battle signed by .... with the advert for Prog 1.

Mind you, one of the more recent listings is quite eye opening.  A copy of Prog 230 listed for £1k because it is unstapled.  On that one words fail.

Dandontdare

Us mere mortals could only dream of owning an unstapled prog.My father would sometimes intercept the paperboy and remove the staples as a special treat, but it wasn't the same - we knew they'd been in there.

BPP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 November, 2018, 08:45:12 PM
Quote from: karlos on 30 November, 2018, 07:54:41 PM

People are idiots. I met up with Kev at an ABC Warriors signing many years ago with Pat and Tony, and people were just putting anything in front of them to sign. ISTR someone presented Kev with a copy of Judgement on Gotham while we were talking — Kev declined on the grounds that he wasn't Simon Bisley and the punter replied "Yeah, but you're a J.D. artist, aren't you?" (At this point, Kev had drawn exactly one Dredd story, in an annual). The guy obviously wasn't going to take no for an answer, so Kev signed it to keep the line moving.

Heh it's amazing that that happened and even more that somehow the question came back to your orbit many years later.

Blimey, the internet.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd