Main Menu

Prog 2135 - Beware the woods...

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 June, 2019, 01:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

It makes it interesting to have  the different styles and interpretations of Dredd. I cannot really fault Miranda's work here.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Magnetica

It's interesting that we don't know what 2000AD's most important character actually looks like, other than his chin and his uniform and that there is no agreement on what that uniform actually looks like.  ;)

And that hasn't stopped him for enduring for 42 years.

So I guess it actually isn't that important, so long as it is still recognisably Dredd / a Judge.

BPP

I think it's the rendering of Dredd himself and the tiny shoulder pad that's off for me. Looking at the same artists turn on Anderson in Meg 400 it's not the style or outfit re-design per-se (indeed quite like the tech looking boots). I mean nobody could be arguing that it's not a very professional level of art or lack of style / ability etc.. just the choices that are made drawing Joe don't click for me. Bit like that old Ron Turner Dredd.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Fungus

Decent prog, great to drool (excuse me...) over an extended Davis episode. Favourite part being the way he just suggests background characters, even more than the up-front splash elements. Masterful, and lovely colouring.
Concern over Thistlebone is it's a bit 'kitchen-sink' drama, investigator-asked-to-look-into-weird-goings-on... not my cuppa but hoping it surprises me later. I get that the animals are a big draw for Davis to get his teeth into.

Dredd art wasn't bad overall, but much anatomy and other elements were odd. Thing is, Miranda's page design was great, it reminded me of Deadly Class which also doesn't stand up to scrutiny but really flows nicely. That weird helmet was too distracting, have to say.

I'm not getting along with Scarlet Traces, and Kingmaker was all talking heads! It actually took me out of the story and got me thinking how you'd avoid that! Maybe that's a good thing?!

So, not great. But potential, and the glorious Absalom next up  :)