Main Menu

Sector maps

Started by PDitta, 02 April, 2015, 12:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDitta

Greetings fellow nerds.

I'm being shockingly lazy here, but rather than get my tablet and Photoshop out and actually draw my own, I was wondering if anyone has any sector maps? After ZenArcade's legendary effort with the BigMeg I'm looking to run a game and, while I can just knuckle down and start drawing, I have little enough time as it is.

P

ZenArcade

City of Dredd I think....never read it but it is reckoned to be as good as it'll get. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

PDitta

Sorry Zen, I meant a map of a specific sector, rather than a city map of sectors

Colin YNWA

I may well be mis-remembering but wasn't there something like that in the Games Workshop Dredd RPG or one of the supplements? They seem to go for decent prices on eBay but I'm sure you could find all the stuff... from other sources?

ZenArcade

P create your own sector. It can be high urban density; Dust Zone or what ever. Good fun to be had doing it. Z

PDitta

I know....I'm just being lazy....

Ah well....time to get my pen out.

:|

ZenArcade

Break it down into components: sector 44 (present day New York City and parts of New York State and New Jersey); concreted over and new build. Very dense population (say double the present).

So no real geographical topography; probably a massive port area. Big communications links running through it (Super Slab); Aero/spaceport hubs; Educational and cultural centres; Grand Hall of Justice; and presumably a plethora of other Justice Department central administration, surveillance and training nodes.

These are possible components of this high population, central administration/business sector. Z

ZenArcade

Oh Ps if you take the route that all sectors are similarly sized, then Google county Derry in NI, it is about 2000 sq km the equivalent of a sector in the Big Meg. Z

PDitta

You are a wonderful, wonderful man and I want to have your babies.

ZenArcade

No worries, be interested to see how you get on. The City of Dredd would be invaluable as (I'm told) Master Calibre has been comprehensive in what is in any particular sector. Z

PDitta

I have it. It is.

Oh yes.