Main Menu

Prog 1564 - Between A Drokk And A Hard Place

Started by Trout, 19 November, 2007, 11:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Is that image not working for anyone else?

Belting prog, though. I have nothing negative to say about any part of it ... an excellent read of which all concerned should be justly proud.

Cheers

Jim

PS - See link below for a truly stinky cover if the image in my post above isn't working ...

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/cover.php?choice=1358&Comic=2000ad" target="_blank">Fucking Hell ...

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Roger Godpleton

Cover: Stood out as a bit different in Borders but it doesn't really make me want to buy. This guy has to make a decision? Ooh, wow. If he was a robot then I'd be interested. He is? Well the cover didn't tell me that. Also Rebellion are skating on thin ice printing what effectively amounts to the f-word. (The last one was a joke). Bad/OK Stuff.

Dredd: I have a slight feeling that this is just a rehash of Chief Judge's Man, but you can't argue with such great writing and art. I suppose the best thing I can say about this is that I'm excited to find out what an invalid old lady will do. Very Good Stuff.

Dante: I thought this was just going to be Elena going all emo on us but instead we get a HUGE new plot development. Who is Dimitri going to recruit to his cause? Which way will Konstantin swing. Robbie has thrown this strip wide open just when it was starting to get a bit stale. Great Stuff.

Red Seas: Edgy is one crazy guy. Note to Tharg, give Ian a transfusion of Dabnett's blood so he can give us this shit every week. This should easily be on the Sin/Dex and Dante level. Great Stuff.

Sin/Dex: I'm not sure if that's the best pun yet or the worst. This episode has no shooting in it but it's more involving than at least 70% of the other thrills printed this year. The skit with Tannenbaum's "diet" is hilarious. Great Stuff.

Button Moon: I love the characterizaion of the voices as they get louder when they're threatened, and the scenes of them in their den of talking are beautifully rendered by Frazer. This series as a whole has been patchy but now it's really starting to pick up. Very Good Stuff.

Droid Life. I hope that Cat doesn't run the tranny gags into the ground, but for now I want this storyline to continue. This is a reminder of the golden age of Droid Life (uh, 2004). On the special DL scale this gets Great Stuff.

Best prog of '07.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Floyd-the-k

the cover is a bit disapointing, but the contents sound good.  I'm months behind with the progs, me, so I'll be able to look at this thread without spoiling it for myself by the end of january, probably.

scutfink

Generally a good prog.

Dante was a bit of a dissapointment, sure, plotwise it was intriguing and revalatory and offered plenty of foreshadowing of serious hectic full on-ness to come, and the art was as good as Burns gets on this strip (I'm still not convinced he's a good match for Dante).

But I really really really, really really really, really really really, really...

Wanted to see that Lager of Lamot Sabre Toothed Horse thingy again...

vzzbux

Here you go scutfink just for you,sorry quality is so bad.

Vhttp://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/vzzbuxblx/utrtt006.jpg">
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Solid Prog, that.

Favourite bit:  Button Man.  Just beautiful in every respect. I like it more and more each week.

Sin Dex continues to be gently compelling, and Williams turns in some terrific colour on this one.

Mandroid.  Christ, give the poor man a break, Wagner.  Is there any way this can end well?  Critchlow's best ever artwork to boot.

Red Seas.  Like the change of direction, but jury's still out on where it ends up.  Bowland's idiosyncratic lettering is interestingly appropriate.

Dante.  Liked the punchy brevity of this Mongolian Fantasy outing, but the other outing was just a bit snoreworthy, since it was bloody obvious from the moment Dimitri bought it, and it's been too long in the reveal.

Good joke in Droid Life.

Cover.  Meh.

scutfink

Now that's what I'm talkin' about,
Battlecat in full effect
:)