Main Menu

Etiquette...

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 20 February, 2014, 09:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Am I missing something here, why this endless angst and debate over a meal? I can go out to a good Italian restaurant in Belfast and pay less than £50 for a good two course meal and a couple of drinks each of us.
I hope I don't come across as insensitive or anything, but, is there nowhere comparable in England or are funds an issue? Z :-*
Ps is Greggs the place where your political class go when they want to identify with the common soldiery?
Our greedy, parasitic trash usually go to a pub and get photographed pint of stout in hand with a few local worthies....mind you they don't be long scurrying back to the cash trough to stick their lying snouts right back in there! >:(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Doctor Alt 8

Boys please you are reading too much into this....

Its just a meal...

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 February, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
Its just a meal...

You're the one who started a whole thread for it!!

... here is a relevant graph. Not sure what "most violations" means so either Asian or Indian food depending on whether more violations is good or bad.

chris_askham

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 21 February, 2014, 02:19:06 AM

That is If he turns up. He did suggest that he takes me out instead... As it would half his travelling 

I like the sound of this guy already - sounds like a keeper.

Frank

Quote from: ZenArcade on 23 February, 2014, 12:50:54 PM
is Greggs the place where your political class go when they want to identify with the common soldiery?

Because Osbourne, Cameron, and Clegg are such obvious posh boys, they got into trouble a wee while ago when the former introduced an insanely convoluted plan to raise VAT on retailers selling hot pies, while cold pies remained exempt. The particulars of this issue got lost in a flurry of outraged internet lefties constructing complex scenarios in which the schoolboy versions of Our Glorious Coalition's leaders breakfasted exclusively on three tiered pastry castles stuffed with live pheasants and truffle shavings. In Hogwarts.

Cameron made an ill-advised claim to have eaten a Ginster's pasty on a specific train journey undertaken a few years previously, and someone with too much time on their hands proved he could not have possibly done so (and he got the price wrong anyway). Osbourne embarked on a long series of efforts to reinvent himself as a man of the people, tweeting pictures of himself with a burger on his desk * as he laboured long into the night preparing the 2013 budget speech, and turning up in factories and building sights drinking tea from a mug, wearing a hard hat and conspicuously dropping his haitches.

Clegg's idea of empathising with ordinary people was bemoaning the fact that rising prices meant his family groceries had to be picked up from Waitrose, rather than hand delivered to his £1.5 million 3 storey Thames-front townhouse by Ocado. I know, wrong thread, but I don't want to join the ranks of those urging Doc on to sexual conquest when she really just fancies a nice meal with a friend. Nothing says we're just good friends like a meal eaten under fluorescent lighting in a chain restaurant with plastic furniture and a soft-play area full of shrieking kids.

* hilariously, it turned out to be an expensive bespoke burger from an upmarket restaurant

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 23 February, 2014, 12:56:42 PM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 February, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
Its just a meal...

You're the one who started a whole thread for it!!

... here is a relevant graph. Not sure what "most violations" means so either Asian or Indian food depending on whether more violations is good or bad.

Most violations is a reference to the most potential for embarrassment due to

food getting stuck in your teeth,
spilling something on your clothes..
having food around you mouth
eatting something which will make your breath smell...
ordering something which involves complicated cutlery which either you or your friends might not be familiar with...
A place where you would try to show off by ordering something horrendously expensive...

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't forget, he may be as nervous as you! Let him take you out, try to relax, chat about anything other than politics or this thread and above all do not look at your mobile, so turn it off ;)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

The Doctor Alt 8

Eh guys....

THIS ISN'T A DATE...

it is a meal with a friend...

( honestly you ask one little etiquette question...)

Trout

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 24 February, 2014, 12:01:13 AM
Eh guys....

THIS ISN'T A DATE...

it is a meal with a friend...

( honestly you ask one little etiquette question...)

I hope that one day you show your children this thread.

Oooh! I have my fingers crossed for you lovebirds!

GrinningChimera

So when is this "not a date" date happening? Seems like most of the board is looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one. Just goes to show how empty and pathetic most of our lives are :D

Spaceghost

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 24 February, 2014, 06:22:09 AM
So when is this "not a date" date happening? Seems like most of the board is looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one.

I'm looking forward to imminent new threads entitled;

'I've put the food in my mouth, what do I do next?', 'Is it polite to breath out after breathing in?', 'I need to go to the toilet! Help!'.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 24 February, 2014, 06:22:09 AM
So when is this "not a date" date happening? Seems like most of the board is looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one. Just goes to show how empty and pathetic most of our lives are :D

TONIGHT! It is only a meal because it is my Birthday today.... Sigh.

GrinningChimera

TordelBack

Aye, wishing you a very happy birthday Doc, and many more.