Main Menu

Luke Kirby

Started by Timothy, 21 November, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Trick or Treat is in there, unless I'm hallucinating right now.

Timothy

Yup, it's just after the Sympathy for the Devil prologue. On the subject of not being complete though, it would have been nice to have included the covers.

Rara Avis

I got the email this morning so one way or another my order is in the post.

Re: Firekind (one of my all time favourite stories) this was reprinted in chronological order in an Extreme Edition. Was there more to the story after the initial run? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but this could be the greatest news I've heard this century ....

SIP

....no more that I can remember.

Rara Avis

What exactly do you mean by this?

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 May, 2017, 11:11:45 AM
That said, I would love a Firekind trade, with corrected episode order.

IndigoPrime

As in, I'd like the Extreme Edition, but as a proper book. Perhaps I should just get one of those places to do a custom one for the shelf, from some EEs!

Mute77

Number 56 for me, the book does indeed look lovely. This came in much better packaging so no chance of corner dents. Cant wait to read it!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Number 149 checking in.

Read the whole book yesterday in one sitting. It really is a lovely thing, and the strips themselves are pretty much uniformly excellent. Well done, Tharg, another triumph!

For me, these hardback special editions are very appealing. Not sure what should come next, though. I'd snap up Firekind, as I haven't ever read it. Top of my deluxe wishlist is probably Slaine The King. I'd hold up Fabry's work on that run as probably the greatest artwork 2000AD has ever published. Mills was on fine form too. Killing Time would be a close second. Button Man creeps in at third, just edging out Bad Company.

moly

Received mine yesterday and it is a lovely hardback it they carry on doing them like this I'm going to even more skint than normal

Woolly

Just up to The Old Straight Track, and everything is just sublime! I'd only ever read the one-off where Luke confronts his bullys before, so this is all new to me.

Can't recommend this book enough, just a shame John Ridgeway wasn't asked to continue the story.

robert_ellis

This might be the best looking book Rebellion have ever put together. I love the endpapers & cover. The art looks a bit darker than in the prog and is all the spookier for it. Ridgway & Parkhouse's are is stunning.

Geoff

Number 40 has arrived safely. It's a lovely book and bigger than I expected. Cover looks like it was painted on canvas.

Greg M.

Quote from: robert_ellis on 03 May, 2017, 07:50:53 PM
The art looks a bit darker than in the prog and is all the spookier for it.

I noticed this too, and it's a bit of a double-edged sword. It benefits 'Sympathy for the Devil', which was a bit lurid at times in its original incarnation - this edition takes the edge off that somewhat. 'The Old Straight Track', however, with its explorations of the countryside, would probably benefit from being brighter. Nonetheless, it's still a smashing book.

(Mine is number 36, if we're keeping track.)

Rara Avis

Ah gotcha! Even though I have the comics it originally appeared in and the Extreme Edition I would also buy this again as a proper book.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 May, 2017, 04:02:07 PM
As in, I'd like the Extreme Edition, but as a proper book. Perhaps I should just get one of those places to do a custom one for the shelf, from some EEs!

The Corinthian

Quote from: Rara Avis on 03 May, 2017, 03:53:08 PM
What exactly do you mean by this?

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 May, 2017, 11:11:45 AM
That said, I would love a Firekind trade, with corrected episode order.

One episode of Firekind was accidentally left out of its original run, and ended up being published the week after the series had ended.