Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

i find the dead eye easier on the first level when you just slow down and the third, when you choose when to lock ...as to the quick draw sometimes theyre just faster than me! try not to draw first in dead eye that seems to be the death nell from what i see

Rex Banner

With the quick draw you have to click when the x is small and white, fills your blue bar up faster. If you click on the opponents gunhand you fill your bar completely and win with a disarm which gives you honour points. Or you can just target their head lots.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Rex Banner on 06 August, 2010, 12:42:23 PM
With the quick draw you have to click when the x is small and white, fills your blue bar up faster. If you click on the opponents gunhand you fill your bar completely and win with a disarm which gives you honour points. Or you can just target their head lots.

My quickdraw tactic was always just to draw as soon as the slo-mo kicks in then spamming every bullet into their crotch. Functional and amusing.

Judge Olde

Quote from: Withnail's liver on 05 August, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 03 August, 2010, 09:42:36 PM
which id why i'mnot online much wots your gamertag and if i'mon i'll posse up!

Sure thing my gamertag is " x B0NEYARD x " (the "o" is a zero)

that xbox talk?

mogzilla

just finished my second playthrough of the game and its still arsom beyond beleif

Withnail's liver

Quote from: Judge Olde on 06 August, 2010, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: Withnail's liver on 05 August, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 03 August, 2010, 09:42:36 PM
which id why i'mnot online much wots your gamertag and if i'mon i'll posse up!

Sure thing my gamertag is " x B0NEYARD x " (the "o" is a zero)

that xbox talk?

Yup.  Every player has what MS has termed a Gamertag.  This is effectively your Xbox identity.  Difficulty being as soon as you go online you have to change the one you have been using because it is invariably taken.  What then happens is you spend ages trying to come up with something that retains some form of relevence as MS suggestions would have lead to you being known as Inverted Meat or Purple Whizzy...
I have a heart condition.  If you hit me it's murder!

Richmond Clements

Did the [spoiler]Fort Mercer [/spoiler] attack mission this morning when I was supposed to be working. Great bloody fun!

Currently also trying to kill wolves. It's rather unsporting of them to attack in groups and from behind when I'm knifing one of their pack!

mogzilla

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 August, 2010, 03:15:29 PM
Did the [spoiler]Fort Mercer [/spoiler] attack mission this morning when I was supposed to be working. Great bloody fun!

Currently also trying to kill wolves. It's rather unsporting of them to attack in groups and from behind when I'm knifing one of their pack!

it is rather un sporting of them isnt it so i stop them doing such a social faux pas by shooting in them in the face with my volcanic pistola!

Orlok

Killed [spoiler]18 bears [/spoiler] last night, including one with the blade (though I did try and lasso by mistake til it tore my face off) and shot the [spoiler]last buffalo [/spoiler] to death on the [spoiler]Great Plains[/spoiler].

Fortunately the [spoiler]bear killing [/spoiler] was interrupted by a passing wagon which the [spoiler]bruins[/spoiler] decided to attack for a bit, allowing me easy access to brainshots. I'm a bigger menace to endangered species than BP and Lara Croft combined.

I'm hopefully in sight of the end now, just have the Blackwater missions to start so reckon that will be the last third/quarter.

Orlok

Finished this last night. Quality game! Now moving towards 100%.

Has anyone else used the dead eye with dynamite or fine bottles?

Fun with a capital F.

mogzilla

whens the zombie dlc out?

Noisybast

Still waiting for the price to drop a little. Can't really justify forty quid on a game right now, no matter how awesome it looks.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

mogzilla

downloading the undeadnightmare to play when minis gone to bed...and have to somehow watch kick ass and the black death before tomorrrw morning!

amberkraken

I've been playing this again over the past few weeks. Finally completed it 100% Originally completed it with 99.4%!!! Which was quite annoying. Turned out the bounty hunting missions are worth 0.1% each. And killing a bear with a knife was fucking hard! final score 6-1 to the bears!!!
I don't have xbox live, but I hear the zombie version will be released on a disc like the GTA expansions. (here's hoping!) One more game on the christmas list.

Richmond Clements

I think I finished the last mission last night- the one were the [spoiler]army attack your house [/spoiler] and you get [spoiler]shot and then buried [/spoiler] and then [spoiler]aren't really dead but have a different style beard.[/spoiler]