Main Menu

Prog 2092 - The Death of Death?

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 July, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

And so a bit of a shuffle starts as we approach 2100 and I assume a relaunch Prog.

Mechastopheles leaps from 3riller to full series and while there have been many more 3rillers I'd have been happier to see make the change this story starts well enough, but lets see how it develops.

Dredd continues well enough, its a pretty good story but not yet blowing me away.

Grey Area has a more settled episode and while the character work is great it too is just pretty good... well actually this is very good, but...

...its the Kek-W double bill that does the blowin' and the awayin' this week. Both The Order and Deadworld continue to be at the top of their games. This week Deadworld takes the honours, lets face it with an ending that if your enjoying the series will have you hackering for more. Last week we got Death's apparent [spoiler]death[/spoiler], though I'm not sure and a storyline bursting open there.This week the final page seems to kick start a plot thread that's be gloriously dangles in front of us for some time now. Can't wait for this to be back, so much good stuff going on with it and the way it toys with Dredd's history is just delicious.

Good Prog.

gameluvah

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 July, 2018, 08:10:50 PM
And so a bit of a shuffle starts as we approach 2100 and I assume a relaunch Prog.

Mechastopheles leaps from 3riller to full series and while there have been many more 3rillers I'd have been happier to see make the change this story starts well enough, but lets see how it develops.

Dredd continues well enough, its a pretty good story but not yet blowing me away.

Grey Area has a more settled episode and while the character work is great it too is just pretty good... well actually this is very good, but...

...its the Kek-W double bill that does the blowin' and the awayin' this week. Both The Order and Deadworld continue to be at the top of their games. This week Deadworld takes the honours, lets face it with an ending that if your enjoying the series will have you hackering for more. Last week we got Death's apparent [spoiler]death[/spoiler], though I'm not sure and a storyline bursting open there.This week the final page seems to kick start a plot thread that's be gloriously dangles in front of us for some time now. Can't wait for this to be back, so much good stuff going on with it and the way it toys with Dredd's history is just delicious.

Good Prog.

So does Deadworld end this week?

Colin YNWA

wedgeski

For me, more googly eyes at Dredd's art, and nice story development. A refreshingly low-key and personal Grey Area hits the spot. Mechastopholes looks great, but I'm more interested in the origin story for this universe than I am in a giant demonic robot punch-up. The Order and Deadworld are both on catch-up for me now.

Woolly

Got a couple of fuzzy Dredd pages in my prog, which is a shame considering the art on display. Story not doing much for me though.

Deadworld can't come back quick enough though. Best thing in the prog by miles.

Magnetica

The cover is a bit out of step with the story - that really should have been last week's cover.

Dan Abnett, yet again, demonstrates with Grey Area how to do an episode that completely works as a stand-alone episode that is part of a wider ongoing story.

(See also Lawless.)

Proudhuff

So I'm totally out of step here... :-X

I've never seem such a soulless prog since the nadir of the nineties.

Exposition overload, and art that is either rushed or painfully unclear in its story telling, I really felt it was a slog to get through at all with the exception of Dredd which was excellent in comparison.

Can't wait for the new jump on Prog... meantime the Meg soars.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

yeah but you don't like Deadworld so you're weird!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I don't have a clue what is going on in The Order. It feels terribly rushed.

I am losing the plot, literally, with Deadworld even though I quite like its sideways take on Dredd. Who is Byke? What is Psiren's plan?

I'd like for some of these Dead-ites to make it somewhere safe via D-Jump and into Dredd.
Lock up your spoons!

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 31 July, 2018, 10:40:22 PM
I'd like for some of these Dead-ites to make it somewhere safe via D-Jump and into Dredd.

Four of them definitely do so.

sheridan

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 31 July, 2018, 10:40:22 PM
I don't have a clue what is going on in The Order. It feels terribly rushed.

I am losing the plot, literally, with Deadworld even though I quite like its sideways take on Dredd. Who is Byke? What is Psiren's plan?

I've long thought (for the nay-sayers) that we really don't know how things will end up, as anybody other than the DJs could potentially escape though leaving the planet or jumping to another dimension.  I'd not thought about the possibility of jumping in to another strip (though they'd have to be some sort of time contortion for them to end up in the main Dredd strip).  Of course, the intervention of the [spoiler]Sovs, and the Deadworld equivalent of the Apocalypse Warp[/spoiler] could make such a thing happen sooner rather than later...

Fungus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 July, 2018, 04:23:30 PM
yeah but you don't like Deadworld so you're weird!

Hey! That makes me weird too! Hm....

As for slogging through the prog, I'm about a month behind. Mechastopholes and Grey Area may help matters though, hopefully (but that cover... not great).

broodblik

The cover – I did not really like the cover its just meh

Dredd- I like everything of this story-line from script to art. 

Grey Area – I am not sure how I must feel about this currently and since the team returned to earth I have struggled to really engaged with the story.

The Order – this keeps me interest and feels like a roller coaster ride. The story is fast paced, and you must keep up to date otherwise you can get yourself lost quite quickly.

Deadworld – the last page makes you want more but hopefully we don't need to wait to long for the next chapter.

Mechastopholes – this looks great and let's wait a few episodes to see how this is.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 01 August, 2018, 05:27:43 AM
Mechastopholes – this looks great and let's wait a few episodes to see how this is.

One thing I should have added is that Karl Richardson is for me a very much underrated artists and should get much more credit for his work.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.