Main Menu

NEW WORLD- Anthology submissions

Started by Michael Adam Kindred, 13 November, 2014, 04:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Adam Kindred

I came across this upcoming anthology from Iron Circus called New World. They are looking for story idea submissions and thought some folks on the board might be interested, if not already aware. Looks like it's a paid gig and the concept sounds really interesting (from the website):

"New World is a black-and-white sci-fi/fantasy comic anthology set to debut in the spring of 2015. Iron Circus Comics is currently seeking 8–10 submissions with the theme of exploration, colonization, conquest, assimilation, "going native," appropriation, imperialism, strained relations... essentially, what happens when mutually un-contacted cultures, continents, and species collide. We want your strangest stories about situations where characters are encountering—and having to deal with—the alien."

Here's the site: http://ironcircus.com/new_world/

I submitted an idea, anyone else? I think the deadline is Nov. 20.
Since I'm new and in case anyone is curious, here's a shameless link to my portfolio: michaeladamkindred.com

Spaceghost

Are any writer types looking for an artist partner to submit something here?

If so, I humbly offer my services. I work, mainly, in black and white (and grey) inks (mainly because I don't have a good enough set up for computer colouring and I can't afford paint) but would be happy to be paired up with a colourist.

I can turn my hand to horror, SF, thrillers, comedy etc. Not keen on super-heroes though.

Here's a sample of my stuff which, I'll admit, is a bit rough around the edges. For a paying gig, I would add more polish (the professional looking lettering on the first 2 pages is by this forum's very own Bolt 01. The scruffy, rubbish lettering on the third page is by me with script on page 1 and 2 by Chris Cronin, script on page 3 by the Enigmatic Dr. X) -

Anyone interested in submitting to New World, or just doing some unpaid small press stuff for experience, drop me a PM.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Michael Adam Kindred

nice work Space ghost, I'm sure that you won't have any trouble finding some writers!
hurry up though, the deadline is tomorrow!

Chris Tresson

Quote from: Spaceghost on 14 November, 2014, 03:10:34 PM
Are any writer types looking for an artist partner to submit something here?

I'm forever on the lookout  :)
I'll be submitting more stuff for FutureQuake & Something Wicked in 2015 (Sorry in advance, Bolt!). Currently in the middle of writing a script for FutureQuake but something else has cropped up that I have been asked to pitch for... That FQ story will need an artist (IF the script is accepted).

I'm on Twitter & Facebook if you want to chat, Spaceghost! I usually shout about needing an artist on there when I get stuff accepted!

Twitter: @christresson
FB: facebook.com/tressonc