Main Menu

Dinosaurs!

Started by Tombo, 29 January, 2012, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

Colin YNWA

Sweet Mother of God that is soooooo cool. it was only on second viewing that I saw the legs. I think my daughter wouls explode if she saw that!

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 January, 2012, 06:27:27 PM
Sweet Mother of God that is soooooo cool.

If that doesn't get people in the museum, what will?!

...but then again, old folks and children maybe shouldn't take the chance...

maryanddavid

Thats class, another reason I want to go to Oz!

David

Steve Green

Yeah, it works really well - not sure how much animatronics there is in there apart from eyes maybe... I'm sure anything swinging around that much in a public place would be puppeteered rather than risk mechanical things going wrong.

There were some nice clips doing the rounds last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFf3ZWNF6EY

mygrimmbrother

Like I just said over on the political thread, but for very different reasons - F*CK ME!

Everybody hearts dinosaurs.

mogzilla

are they from the same guys doing the "how to train your dragon" stage show? my girl would loooove to see both i only hope either coes over to the uk.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Tombo

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 January, 2012, 12:07:13 AM
Yeah, it works really well - not sure how much animatronics there is in there apart from eyes maybe... I'm sure anything swinging around that much in a public place would be puppeteered rather than risk mechanical things going wrong.

Yeah but how cool would it be to able to say "The eye patch?  Yeah I lost my eye in a fight with a dinosaur"

TordelBack

There'd be expensive repairs for the company, every time some wannabe Claw Eyeball Carver gouged out a replacement... 

Steve Green

Quote from: Tombo on 31 January, 2012, 10:58:09 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 30 January, 2012, 12:07:13 AM

Yeah but how cool would it be to able to say "The eye patch?  Yeah I lost my eye in a fight with a dinosaur"

That would be almost worth it...

Tiplodocus

They look fab.  There were some great puppets/animatronics at the WALKING WITH DINOSAURS arena show (including a T-REX with a head the size of a small car - awesome!)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!