Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

I'm on the "special" (read: for grown-ups) levels of 3dLand and you can scratch what I said about this game being too short and easy. This isn't SMG good but I like it more than NSMB, and it's a great reminder of why Nintendo design is the best there is.

Halo will always be about the MP, as it is fun incarnate. I played Reach solidly for about 3 months and barely got a third of the way through the campaign.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Zarjazzer

Skydrift -the demo only. A plane flying blast 'em race game. I'm rubbish yet hooked.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Keef Monkey

Played through the new Gears 3 dlc today, Raam's Shadow. It's not particularly long but at 3 or 4hrs and with a great deal of new locations and assets it feels like you're getting your ms worth. It's set before the 1st game and story-wise is pretty much a prequel to the graphic novel (which I enjoyed a lot, so it was nice to see the connections). Raam is still a dick to fight, but you do get to play as him for a bit and it's pretty cool to see things from the Locust perspective, particularly getting a better idea of how they use the Seeders and stuff. Good fun, and for me more Gears is always welcome.

Roger Godpleton

Mario Kart 7. Wwwwaaaayyyyy better than MK Wii with it's wide-ass tracks and an improvement even on MK DS. Just an incredibly fun game, the new tracks are brilliant. It's a bit boring on 50cc though.

Rayman Origins. Over the past couple of years, I've wondered if I was getting bored of games. In truth, I am only really bored with shooters. In Godpletonia, there would be more games like this. I strongly recommend that you purchase this game so that Michael Ansel gets to make more games like this. 3D Land is a shade better but this offers a stronger challenge.

Warioware Inc. Got this in the Ambassador pack. It is fun as shit and is a truly enduring classic.

Gonna start Metroid Fusion next.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

After first starting it 13 years ago, and playing versions of it on 4 different consoles, I have finally finished LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME!  On my own. Without a small child wrestling the controller from me.  In your face, Ganondorf!

(Mario Kart DS was fantatsic - so glad I bought MK7 for Tiny Tips' Christmas!)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just finished Dragon Age 2, and I really enjoyed it.

This year I have played Dragon Age, then Awakenings, and then this. Plus Portal 2.
Lock up your spoons!

Van Dom

Playing Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword at the mo. As usual with Zelda games, its bloody great and incredibly immersive.  The "gimmick" this time is the flying around on the bird thing and it works really well. Just flying around amongst the sky islands is great fun and very relaxing. The dungeon levels are very well put together as well. And the little beetle thing you get that you can launch and remote guide across the terrain to see whats ahead or collect/activate things is inspired. This is my Christmas sorted I reckon!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Devons Daddy

Assasins creed, Revelations.

good graphics more depth of colour, decent story line.
if your into the series its good and not to button moshing heavy or all out fire fight.
son and I are enjoying it.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

IAMTHESYSTEM

CRYSIS 2. Very good graphics and Gameplay with Aliens invading New York storyline written by Richard Morgan of Altered Carbon fame. You can up grade your suit, harder Armour etc though this can be a little problematic since you have to walk over the Alien Ceph dead to get the nano somethin' or other stuff to enable you to upgrade. I didn't realize this till I was about half way through the game. Whoops!

Good but some of the levels are sneak through's since your kick ass suit doesn't always seem that capable of kicking ass so that's the only complaint I have for it so far.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

mogzilla

after a little poke around the sales picked up a few for pounds

splinter cell double agent £2.98! the buggers scratched so thats getting swapped next week
dark messiah might and magic £3 first persony oblivion rip off very twitchy controls so thats going
dungeon seige 3 £5 rented it when it came out and thought it was ok and worth a further punt for a fiver just cannot get into it so thats gouing

judge dredd dredd vs death£3 had to give this a blast agian gord bless xbox backwards compatibility
still fun once you get over the next gen graphics loving the hospital and mall levels .

i havent played skyrim for two days!!!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I'm currently playing Resistance 3, after which I'll be playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

DoomBot

Got batman:arkham city for christmas so playing that. So at dead impressed. Just swinging and gliding around the city is fun in itself. Normally I go for games with rocket launchers rather than sneaky cloak and dagger games so not sure it'll grip me to the end. Great start though

Keef Monkey

I got that too Doombot! Found it pretty daunting at first, the city isn't huge but there's so much content crammed into it that you can't move without tripping over another sidequest or collectible or Riddler challenge...

Since I got into the swing of it though I've been utterly blown away by it, it's a great sequel and even better than the original which was pretty spanking to begin with. Still the best fisticuff combat in a game ever too.

Tiplodocus

Started on Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and my goodness it's a fabulous little bag of tricks.  The control method for fighting and flying is utterly delightful and satisfying and it has so many elements that I've never seen in a Zelda game before mean that it's very familiar yet fresh at the same time (not entirely sure of the "upgrade" thing).

Just Dance 3 - has a really, really poor movement recognition thing going on (i.e. it keeps marking me down!) but is eight drunk mates around the telly fun at it's very best.  Disappointed that the routine for A-hA Take on Me and Donna Summer I feel Love won't easily translate to me dancing on a night out...but hey, that Scissor Sisters routine could easily be nicked...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

Finished Arkham Asylum, well that is to say I finished the story. There's still a ton of stuff to do so I'm looking forward to scooping up all the riddler challenges and playing through again on New Game + (where the difficulty goes up but collectible/side mission status carries over, yay!). Plus, I've only really dipped into the score attack challenges that are separate to the campaign, and they're very addictive. Great story, great design, once again just a brilliant Batman game that I couldn't be happier with.

Now onto Skyrim...