Main Menu

Dig-L's 'Swamp thing' e-comic preview

Started by Marbles, 26 January, 2004, 01:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

U can download a 6 page pdf file here.

Link: http://www.dccomics.com/features/swampthing/intro.html" target="_blank">Swamp Thing preview

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Smiley

Aw, won't load for me.

Does Swampy say things like "Jonesin' fo' hot lead in yo ass, tree-choppin' fool?"

Art

I think it was rumoured to contain the line "I'm a crack baby - fool!" at one point...

paulvonscott

Does he threaten someone with a pair of yams, holding it sideways in an edgy, post-tarantino manner?

Wils

Abby: "We've got to get away from here, Alec!"
Swampy: "I ain't gettin' on no airboat, fool!"

paulvonscott

"HELLBLAZER'S John Constantine knows that when beings with this much power square off, humanity always ends up getting caught in the crossfire."

Yam Crossfire.

"Phlop!"

Read the preview, more vegetable antics as they try to re-engineer Moore's swamp thing.  That Constantine's a vulgar chap isn't he these days?  Though I stopped at the start of Ennis' run, so i shouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, you can understand why they are trying the change it, to get a bit more mileage out of the character and they've come up with an interesting enough way to do it.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes down with the swamp fans anyway.

Quirkafleeg

I think he's taking on the mafia who are hastling a load of latino farmers and he builds some sort of Heath Robinson- style device that fires cabbages.