Main Menu

More on Cam's (and RLS) Kidnapped!

Started by Proudhuff, 07 November, 2006, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Here's a wee bitty more on the big push on RLS kidnapped from Edinbra's City of books webpage.
As I said before on another thread, I saw a mock up at the festival and it looked good, not sure how they will handle up dating the auld speakit, anyway the wimmin I spoke to was sure they would tempt Cam to Auld Reekie for a signing in the New Year.

In February 2007, Edinburgh's very first citywide reading campaign will be taking off through the city.  Thousands of free copies of Robert Louis Stevenson's Kidnapped will be distributed across the city, with a month-long series of events planned to tie in to the campaign.  A brochure featuring a trail of Stevenson's Edinburgh will be on offer, and it will list all of the tie-in events happening in February.
Three new editions have been produced to celebrate the campaign to get people reading: a definitive classic copy with notes by Professor Barry Menikoff and an intoduction from Louise Welsh; a retold edition that keeps the adventurous essence of Stevenson's tale for a younger audience; and an exciting new, specially commissioned graphic novel edition by renowned illustrator Cam Kennedy and script writer Alan Grant.
If you want to hold events related to our campaign - perhaps your book group wants to read it, you want your school to be involved or you want to get your workplace enthused with the joys of reading - then drop us a line with ideas of how you'd like to link with the campaign.
More information will be released about the campaign over the coming weeks, and full resources, including an activity pack, and web resources, will be available in the New Year.

Link: http://www.cityofliterature.com/projects.aspx?sec=6&pid=30&item=325" target="_blank">Free books!!  

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Grrr curse that grog! double posting and double vision...

Huff the Hapless
DDT did a job on me