Main Menu

Nominations 'Villains' - Ultimate not Dredd Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 July, 2020, 08:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Have a nosey here for how this will work.

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=46632.0

Got it - cool. Here are the groups and characters in each (in no particular order). There is no need to nominate the characters listed, we're looking for characters not included in the list below.

Nominations close early Sunday 19th July

Scoundels and tricksters

Claw Carver
Brass + Bland (exception as two characters)
Cap'n Evil Blood

Mega City One Mass murders

Orlok
Fink Angel
PJ Maybe

Cross world capers

Doctor Orlando Doyle
Mr. Cheetl
Satannus

Beasts and animals

Old One Eye
Tiger Commander
Shako

Cyborgs

Artie Gruber
Howard Quartz
Mean Machine

Strontium Dog

Max Bubba
Nelson Kreelman
Stix Brothers (see Brand and Brass!)

27th Century Russia

Dmitri Romanov
Lulu Romanov
Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror

Robots

BlackBlood
Mekquake
Toby (no need for spoiler right?)

Rogue Judges

Rico Dredd
Judge Cal
Judge Edgar

Demons and Undead

Ethan Kostabi
Jenny Simmons
Hauptmann Costanza

Dark Judges

Fear
Fire
Mortis

Crime lords

Stickleback
Moses Tenebaum
Al Bestardi

Military and Government

War Marshal Kazan
Van Owen
Traitor General

Mythical

Elfric
Slough Feg
Masterman (Lloigor)

World Leaders

Torquemada
President Booth
Mekon

Magic PSi types

Malok Brood
Judge Child
Sagon

Magnetica

Nomination:

Group - Dark Judges

Character -Judge Death

Comment- did you leave him out on purpose, in a sort of non-Wagner or non-Dredd way, as in he will probably win the villains category or is that the ultimate in forgetting someone? 😉

Other comment - Al Bestardi's not a villain. Sure he is a mob hit man, but he has a heart of gold.

Magnetica

Nominations

Pa Angel
Junior Angel

Not sure they fit into any of your categories though. Crimelords would be overstating it.

Greg M.

Nominations:

Protoid - I'd put him under Scoundrels and Tricksters
Thrax - Or does he belong in the other list? Here under Military and Government, there under Soldiers.
Phobia and Nausea - joint entry under Dark Judges

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 12 July, 2020, 09:07:34 AM
Character -Judge Death

Comment- did you leave him out on purpose, in a sort of non-Wagner or non-Dredd way, as in he will probably win the villains category or is that the ultimate in forgetting someone? 😉

Couple of confessions coming up. For Death that was me being cheeky. I did consider ruling him out like Dredd, but figure he's a much more devisive figure than Joe and I don't think (but we'll see) he'll win the competition after THE MERGING... (I'm trying to build that up) but might make for some interesting votes, so I left him in... except.... I don't really like him so I decided if folks want him in they can bloomin' well nominate him. So in summary me being childish!

Quote from: Magnetica on 12 July, 2020, 09:07:34 AM
Other comment - Al Bestardi's not a villain. Sure he is a mob hit man, but he has a heart of gold.

Yeah hands up here too. I was struggling to get him in the heroes side and decided being a Mod boss defo qualifies you as a baddie and so popped him over this side were getting a guarnteed place was easier (strangely - lets see who I've forgotten!). There's another character here who I had on the 'heroes' side but couldn't find a place for and fitted in this side much easily so I cranked them here as a bit of a cheat. Let's see if folks can guess who.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 12 July, 2020, 09:18:01 AM
Nominations:

Protoid - I'd put him under Scoundrels and Tricksters
Thrax - Or does he belong in the other list? Here under Military and Government, there under Soldiers.
Phobia and Nausea - joint entry under Dark Judges

Yeah you see the problem. I had a few of the Bad Company characters on each side and in the end ran out of slots and so avoiding making the decision. In my mind Thrax sits in the heroes side, in that he's an absolute git but fights on the side of the angels (ahem!) in story terms at least. BUT I'm defo happy to put him on this side as he's such a great character... so folks get your votes in for Thrax.... while I remain impartial!

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 July, 2020, 09:26:10 AM
In my mind Thrax sits in the heroes side, in that he's an absolute git but fights on the side of the angels (ahem!) in story terms at least.

You're right that he's always on the side of Bad Company as a whole - even when he deserts, he comes straight back. But he's also a cold-blooded murderer who kills one of the raws for annoying him. I've always said his function the story is as yardstick for Danny - how Danny reacts to him shows how 'bad' Danny has become.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 12 July, 2020, 09:34:50 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 July, 2020, 09:26:10 AM
In my mind Thrax sits in the heroes side, in that he's an absolute git but fights on the side of the angels (ahem!) in story terms at least.

You're right that he's always on the side of Bad Company as a whole - even when he deserts, he comes straight back. But he's also a cold-blooded murderer who kills one of the raws for annoying him. I've always said his function the story is as yardstick for Danny - how Danny reacts to him shows how 'bad' Danny has become.

Not forgetting I've not even found a slot for Danny Franks which was a travesty I was always hoping nominations would sort out. Yeah Thrax played a very distinct roll in my mind in Bad Company in setting the bar for now perverted the idea of good and bad had become and as you say a benchmark for Danny.

So many characters fit into this grey area... and its a spectrum... and Thrax is right at the side of 'baddie' but from a story perspective placed with the 'goodies'. Bad Company is a prime example of a 2000ad story which plays with the very idea that such concepts are ridiculous and makes my Divisions pretty arbitary... but it makes for more fun!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Buttonman

I always mention Ding Dong Dooley in such matters but don't think he was that bad, just a poor yachtsman.

What about God in Cannon Fodder? The Buttonmen as a group - some crackers in there.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

For Robots - Call me Kenneth, Nero Narcos (or as Cyborg ...)

For Dredd we are likely to be here all day but can we at least agree that Judge Cal needs including?

As for Rogue Trooper, can we honestly miss out Bland and Brass or is that what you meant with Brand and Brass for SD?  Also is Venus BlueGenes a villain?

On the subject of SD - Bubo and the Bad Boys and are we limited to just the Tooth era or do we include Starlord as well?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Buttonman on 12 July, 2020, 10:42:57 AM
I always mention Ding Dong Dooley in such matters but don't think he was that bad, just a poor yachtsman.

What about God in Cannon Fodder? The Buttonmen as a group - some crackers in there.

Oh I'm confused now??? Who what Ding Dong Dooley???

God can defo be a villain - have you read the Old Testament! And Buttonmen would have to be the individual characters - I decided not to include species such as The Krool as well.

Colin YNWA

broodblik