Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 February, 2012, 09:19:34 PM
Tonight,22:00, Sky1. SPARTAFUCKINGCUS, new series  :D

nah, I don't have Sky (refuse to give that wrinkly ozzy antichrist any money) and anyway, SPINALfuckingTAP is on ITV4!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 February, 2012, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 February, 2012, 09:19:34 PM
Tonight,22:00, Sky1. SPARTAFUCKINGCUS, new series  :D

nah, I don't have Sky (refuse to give that wrinkly ozzy antichrist any money) and anyway, SPINALfuckingTAP is on ITV4!
Ah bugger, Escape from NewfuckingYork's on straight after, but I need sleep!

Emperor

New series of Fringe starting now on Sky1, repeated a few times in the week I'm sure.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Link Prime

Its clashing with 10 O'clock live!
Yes, I'm an unashamed Brooker fan-boy...

The Legendary Shark

Crap, I forgot 10 O' Clock Live was on! (Busy in the Yap Shop) - I'd best go and set the recorder for C4+1!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Surely it's just called "10 O'Clock" when yer watchin it on +1 old son?

The Legendary Shark

Well, if you're going to get all pedantic about it...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Being a pedant is one of the top three traits of a forum user I've sadly discovered...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

The Enigmatic Dr X

The Almighty Johnsons is on this week. Got it on Sky+, along with Lost Girl and True Blood. And Being Human.
Lock up your spoons!

Hoagy

10 o'clock show informs in a mere sentence what a whole week and a half of Reuters couldn't 900million shortfall on a single banker forfeiting his bonus. Not one news show warned of clarified that outcome.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Spikes

On Film4 as we speak, the brilliant Vault of Horror.
The print being shown isnt the best, though. Didnt Film4 do a restoration job on this film a few years ago?
I know the Vipco DVD release is pretty crap, but ive heard the R1 release uses a decent print of the film (alas its also the cut version), shame somebody cant track down a nice cleaned-up uncut print for this film and release it in the UK.

bigjobs67

I've got the Vipco release version. I didn't relise there were better copies to be had. Still a great film though.Think I prefer "From Beyond The Grave". How fuckin scary is Donald Pleasence in that not to mention Peter Cushing as the shop keeper with his ace Yorkshire accent. "Shouldn't of done that".
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Spikes

Yep, thats another cracker, Bigjobs. Those anthology films by Amicus are the best, and always worth another watch. Shame they took so long to turn up on DVD. Think in terms of creepiness, Donald is eclipsed in this one by his real life daughter, Angela.
Those Vipco DVDs are pretty uniformaly crap, shit prints in full screen and cut to buggery, one company to avoid - if they still exist.