Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 April, 2019, 11:20:05 PM
And I have fuckin' S2 of Happy as well!

Which has now been cancelled. I can't say I'm either surprised or sorry, TBH — I bailed on this season after four episodes because I thought it was trying waaaay too hard, and comedy paedophiles don't sit too well with me, either. A real shame, because I loved S1.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Matt Berry in What We Do In The Shadows is absolutely making my week. "Remove your fangs, ungrateful creature!"  :lol:

Fungus

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 20 May, 2019, 03:10:35 PM
Pleasantly surprised by Years and Years on the Beeb, R.T.Davies traits are all over bits of it but generally, funny, interesting and a little close to home. The female Nigel Farage-a-like is spot on and spot on in the "She's great" "She's a monster" dichotomy of viewer reaction.

Watch only a bit of telly really and glad I gave this series a go. It's been nicely thought-provoking, but with last night's episode it reached new heights, I reckon. *recommended*

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 05 June, 2019, 11:38:42 AM
Matt Berry in What We Do In The Shadows is absolutely making my week. "Remove your fangs, ungrateful creature!"  :lol:

BAT!!!!

He's also in 'Year of the Rabbit' on C4, coming up soon - a Victorian era cop show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwoTjj6QBU
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

A heads up that TALKING PICTURES TV (SKY 328) is, next Saturday,  showing The Night Strangler, Woman Eater and The Trollenberg Terror. All in one day. A day that happens to be my birthday.
They are also showing 1970s kids ITV supernatural series Shadows, every weekday at 5pm.

SBT

Fungus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000g74k

QuoteAntiques Roadshow is in the grounds of Salisbury Cathedral in Wiltshire, where experts discover an eclectic mix of treasures including Napoleon's razor, letters from Enid Blyton and a piece of Queen Victoria's underwear. There is plenty of sparkle from jewellery with a story to tell, and artworks including a hand-painted Christmas card from the Second World War and original drawings of Judge Dredd

Jim_Campbell

Necroposting, but not sure where else to put this...

Not much love for Hawkeye on here...? It's been great, and the end-of-episode reveal for Ep5? It's kind of been teased, but... woah. That made me unfeasibly happy.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 December, 2021, 09:29:28 PM
Necroposting, but not sure where else to put this...

Not much love for Hawkeye on here...? It's been great, and the end-of-episode reveal for Ep5? It's kind of been teased, but... woah. That made me unfeasibly happy.

Yeah, I was bouncing up and down in my seat when that got revealed :)

Hawkmumbler

The rather brilliant 1977 Ghost Story for Christmas episode STIGMA is on Iplayer after being rebroadcast last week on BBC 4.
Probably the best the annual anthology ever got and probably one of the most inexplicably upsetting horror stories ever made for TV. Exactly the type of creepy seasonal viewing I feel is missing from the Christmas listings each year right now.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 18 December, 2021, 09:13:54 AM
The rather brilliant 1977 Ghost Story for Christmas episode STIGMA is on Iplayer after being rebroadcast last week on BBC 4.
Probably the best the annual anthology ever got and probably one of the most inexplicably upsetting horror stories ever made for TV. Exactly the type of creepy seasonal viewing I feel is missing from the Christmas listings each year right now.

Except for the new Ghost Story for Christmas episode this year, the one in 2019 and the one in 2018?*

Thanks for bringing my attention to the Stigma repeat, though. Didn't know it was on.

*(Also 'new' episodes in 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2013 for those keeping count.)

Link Prime

What did ye think of 'The Mezzotint'?
Quite good, if a little dry for my tastes, nevertheless both the missus and I agreed that it was the best entry since 'Number 13' in 2006 (if you discount 2008's Crooked House).

M.I.K.

Yep. It's actually quite a close adaptation of the original short story, (aside from the added twist, scary telly ending and more women being around).

paddykafka

The Horror Channel is screening Space: 1999, starting tonight with Episode 1 of Season 1 at 7pm.

The Legendary Shark

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. If the first episode is anything to go by, this series is gonna' be an absolute blast.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

wedgeski

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 August, 2022, 12:37:33 PM

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. If the first episode is anything to go by, this series is gonna' be an absolute blast.
Can't wait to watch it, the trailers have been brilliant.