Main Menu

New League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen Movie In The Works.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 18 May, 2022, 09:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Tomwe

Learnt from this article they've tried a bunch of times to reboot already. Is this a cynical effort to keep the rights from reverting to Moore & O'Neill?

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 18 May, 2022, 09:58:25 AM
Learnt from this article they've tried a bunch of times to reboot already. Is this a cynical effort to keep the rights from reverting to Moore & O'Neill?

Dunno, but the way these things usually work is that if they haven't actually released a film within 2/5/10 years* then the rights will revert.  This includes very low budget productions which are 'released' in name only.

* whatever's on the contract

sheridan

Tomwe

Yeah that's what I meant. Looks like the TV pilot was 2013, ten years after the first film. It was described as a 'put pilot' in the article I saw meaning Fox fits the bill if it never airs. Sounds pretty much in line with the Corman FF.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tomwe on 18 May, 2022, 09:58:25 AM

Was LOEG creator-owned or would the rights revert to the publisher?

Quote from: sheridan on 18 May, 2022, 10:50:25 AM
For example, the 1984 Fantastic Four film.

I actually like this - the budget/effects are shit, but it's better than some of the later ones

Funt Solo

Pitch Meeting...

Producer: This Hyde character is great - what does he do next?
Screenwriter #1: He bugger's the invisible man to death in a fit of calculated revenge.
Producer: Next!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 May, 2022, 04:04:37 PM
Was LOEG creator-owned or would the rights revert to the publisher?

LoEG has moved publishers a couple of times, hasn't it? That would suggest it's creator-owned.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Indeed, LoEG was the only ABC strip that was creator owned, so it's the only one that Moore carried on with after his infamous exit from ABC. He willingly sold the movie rights and then became enraged when the studio seemed to cave in to a plagiarism lawsuit. Hence, no more Moore movies.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 25 May, 2022, 05:17:00 PM
Indeed, LoEG was the only ABC strip that was creator owned, so it's the only one that Moore carried on with after his infamous exit from ABC. He willingly sold the movie rights and then became enraged when the studio seemed to cave in to a plagiarism lawsuit. Hence, no more Moore movies.

That's a little unfair. He became enraged when he was subjected to a multi-hour deposition by lawyers involved in the law suit, and then the studio caved over an addition to the screenplay that wasn't in the comics he'd actually written.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

...and that appearance in a trial is why every adaptation since has been credited to "the original author" or not credited at all (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, etc).

Proudhuff

So what's the consensus, stalking horse, development hell or genuine attempt to do the books?   
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Watchmen was an odd one - it showed that you can be fairly faithful to the original comics and still be kind of shite.  I liked V for Vendetta, though, even though it removed the essential message of the comic.

Personally I have a lot of respect for the Beardy Fella for his stance on the films - he could be absolutely coining it in, but genuinely put his integrity first.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"