Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Brass Sun vs. Savage Rd 5 Heat 14

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2022, 06:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I hated Brass Sun when it was running in the prog. Hated it. Many years later (because it *was* years ago now) I reread the whole thing and it became clear that I had misjudged it badly. It's very good, and it's a great shame it never came back. I wonder why, as Tharg obviously invested a great deal in it- hardback edition, US mini series- you'd have thought Tharg would have made more of it a priority.

But even with all that being true, Savage because Pat Mills.

SBT

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sintec

Going to go with the "which would I rather see more of" and that's undoubtebly Brass Sun. Love Savage for all it's gritty violence but Brass Sun stands out as something different in the prog where gritty violence is a bit of a given

Blue Cactus

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 11 August, 2022, 06:55:58 AMyou'd have thought Tharg would have made more of it a priority.
The gist appears to be that Tharg would have it back in an instant, but the people creating the thing need to be in a position to do so.

AlexF

Yeah, an impossible job for Tharg to prioritise when your artist is now working flat out on an even better, more profitable thrill, and your writer has so many ideas stuck in his head he ends up churning out too many new series to quite get around to tidying up the old ones! Especially when he constructs a perfectly beautiful ending for Scarlet Traces and then goes a page further, pointing to a whole new series for that story...

oshii

Colin YNWA

With a day to go this one is close. last day votes will I reckon claim this. We'll see tomorrow morning when I do a proper count for the final result.

davidbishop

Huey2