Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

There was a mini trend for this (colouring in, that is - not cutting out panels) in the States in the early 80's - i think.
Original black and white Marvel comic art - stuff like pages from the original movie adaptation of Star Wars - amongst other stuff, was coloured in by somebody.

Beautiful and one-off pieces of art ruined forever. Shudder,  :o

Fatboydale

i trim all my pages and pack my nest with the left overs ....

Hey i take great photo's ....just not of art ....

Skullmo

After a rubbish day working I arrived home to this beauty. And from one of my favourite Nemesis stories.

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

I loved the ink wash Talbot did on that story.

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 January, 2013, 08:24:35 PM
I loved the ink wash Talbot did on that story.

It looks even better in the flesh and is painted on lovely Daler line and wash board :D

Really happy with this. I have another page too which I will add when i can get a good scan.

Spikes

Talbot is a superb artist, and those panels do look great, dont they.
Is this a page from Diceman? I do have the full set, but i think ive only bothered with the Dredd one. If so, ill have to dig these out

hippynumber1

It is Dice Man, isn't it!  'You Are Torquemada - The Garden of Alien Delights' or something along those lines.  The art was just stunning on that, styled after Hieronymus Bosch(sp?)...

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 January, 2013, 10:52:35 PM
It is Dice Man, isn't it!  'You Are Torquemada - The Garden of Alien Delights' or something along those lines.  The art was just stunning on that, styled after Hieronymus Bosch(sp?)...

Yes that is the one. I used to take Nemesis Book 6 (Titan) to school and read this story over and over again.

As well as having great art it is my favourite Diceman story and has some really funny parts in it.

Skullmo

Here we go. This one is not as good a scan as it came out too dark. It has much nicer shades in real life :P.

hippynumber1

Gorgeous! I looked at buying that over on Mr. Talbot's website but Must. Stay. Focused!  :lol:

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 12 January, 2013, 08:26:23 AM
Gorgeous! I looked at buying that over on Mr. Talbot's website but Must. Stay. Focused!  :lol:

It's a terrible addiction isn't it!

opaque

Nice to see that artwork again.
Very pricy?

Skullmo

Quote from: opaque on 12 January, 2013, 01:27:46 PM
Nice to see that artwork again.
Very pricy?

Again? Did you used to own it?

The eternal circle.

I found it very reasonable for what it is.

opaque

Ooh no, I mean see in general.
Was only a few Diceman issues so not that common

Fatboydale

this is for Skullmo , sure i posted this before ??