Main Menu

Greats of the Nerve Centre - how to write to Tharg

Started by Trout, 18 October, 2011, 04:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Grant Goggans

Lots of different recipes for cole slaw in the south, many using vinegar, mustard or even barbecue sauce instead of mayo.  This is one of the more vinegar-heavy varieties.  I've been looking forward to returning to Charlotte NC so I can have the mustard slaw at Bill Spoon's again one day before too long.

Trout

Grant's pics are making me hungry.

Button Moon Man's pics are making me frightened.

Proudhuff

If the Memsabib and I every get round to our much discussed trip round the South, we'll be booking Grant as oor food wallah!
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I'd eat the first and third meal that Buttonman has shown us and from Grant's I'd just eat the stew and pork.

Trout

I just had wild boar (in burger form) for lunch at the very nice restaurant where my wife works. I wish I'd taken a picture, now.

I also wish I'd dressed as Obelix for the occasion.

- Trout

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: King Trout on 22 October, 2011, 05:42:52 PM
I just had wild boar (in burger form) for lunch at the very nice restaurant where my wife works. I wish I'd taken a picture, now.

I also wish I'd dressed as Obelix for the occasion.

- Trout

A lesser man would say you have the build for it, anyway.
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Slightly concerned (not really) that I'm being though of as a lazy and slobbish eater. Let's check out some more dinners...

Mmmm Phillie cheese steak at Reading Market, Philadelphia PA. Nice like a not spicy kebab - about 20 questions over the various options - no idea what I ended up with.

Reeebs and pulled pork in Philadelphia.

Nice gyro, again at the Reading Market (different day) about $10 gets you a masiive feed and a drink.

Cajun chicken, mac & cheese and mashed potato at Jimmie's Diner on road to Ocean City.

Massive steak in Ocean City - asked for medium and it practically ran off the plate.

Small pizza to watch the NFL game in Ocean City bar.

Pecan pancakes in a Counttry kitchen in Atlantic City.

Meatballs in the Trump Tower Atlantic City.

Another gyro (kebab) in Quincy Market, Boston - no spicy sauce.

Shepherd's pie in an Irish bar in Boston.

See, more than Mickey D's with me!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Why the feck did you go to American and have someone photograph you every. time. you. ate?
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 24 October, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
Why the feck did you go to American and have someone photograph you every. time. you. ate?

Excuse me - I distinctly remember failing to record a bag of Tangfastics as the camera battery was dead!

Trout

It's also the same insane facial expression, again and again. Is it some sort of plastic head you wear, but only if it's twisted slightly to one side?

This thread's getting scarier than Cradlegrave now.

- Trout

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Buttonman on 24 October, 2011, 09:59:49 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 24 October, 2011, 09:51:03 PM

Excuse me - I distinctly remember failing to record a bag of Tangfastics as the camera battery was dead!

The point is WHY?
Lock up your spoons!

COMMANDO FORCES

This is why he spent all those months in training, so he could eat all this :thumbsup:

Don't tell me no-one else takes pictures of the massive meals that they've eaten around the world!

vzzbux

I reckon he has just photoshopped his head on various random images of people eating food around America.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.