Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I thought the purple hair was a Gabrielle Drake U.F.O. thing?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Ah, 'tis true.  Moonbase Alpha was more of a Flare zone whereas Trek went for the kinky boots.  No wonder Trek won.

The Legendary Shark

Moonbase Alpha also had Maya, with whom I was hopelessly in love.

Love to see a remake.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

There was work on it a few years ago, Space 2099.  A website set up and artwork.  Unfortunately it looks like it died a death.

Hawkmumbler

Trever Baxter, aka Proffeser Litefoot of Doctor Who and Jago and Litefoot fame. A scarily tragic loss, the recent run on audio has been one of the best things ever, its just brilliant sci-fi.

Heath C Ackley

Landis was absolutely brilliant as Lugosi.

Romero will also be a great loss. Without him there would be no The Walking Dead or World War Z or Judgement Day or the seminal art house classic that is Zombie Strippers.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Spikes

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 16 July, 2017, 10:29:48 PM
Father of the modern zombie genre George A Romero age 77.

filippo

This is super sad news. Romero is/was an absolute legend, and seemed a genuinely decent chap to boot. RIP.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Keef Monkey

Really sad news, he had an amazing voice, and so damn young. They made a heap of brilliant music, that seemed to get overlooked a lot because of the 'nu-metal' tag they got lumped with early on (A Thousand Suns is one of my all-time favourite albums). Sad times.

Professor Bear

All the more shocking that Bennington took his own life.
It's hard to overstate Linkin Park's importance in the early 2000s - I recall me and a few mates at the time decided to take a pass on one of their concerts purely because we didn't fancy being stuck in a crowd of 12 year olds.  LP were as big a part of metal's transition to a mainstream genre as having Ozzy Ozbourne in Hello, and it's a shame they don't often get the credit for that.

Andy Lambert

Farewell to the lovely Deborah Watling.
Another member of the TARDIS family has left us - I hope she's reunited with her dad who she adored.

Goaty

Actor John Heard.

Smith

Quote from: Goaty on 22 July, 2017, 02:36:36 PM
Actor John Heard.
Better known as dad from Home Alone. :(

sheridan

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 21 July, 2017, 06:39:00 PM
Farewell to the lovely Deborah Watling.
Another member of the TARDIS family has left us - I hope she's reunited with her dad who she adored.
BBC.

Colin YNWA

Joh Beard was magnificent in The Sopranos. Sorry to hear this.