Main Menu

Meg 372 - Let's be Blunt

Started by Magnetica, 15 May, 2016, 03:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Can't believe the thread hasn't been bagged already, 24 hours after getting the Meg!

Judge Dredd: Rico and Koburn continue their mission in the Cursed Earth. After all the "I can't believe they are running a cross-over between the Prog and the Meg" fuss, the stories seem to have diverged into completely separate strands. I guess they will come back together at the end.

Realm of the Damned: I thought this was getting interesting last month, but this now just leaves me cold.

Blunt. New series: offworld colony - check.  Leader not popular with his men - check. Some disaster happens and they have to turn to an outsider- check. So, so far not too original then. But hey, let's see how it develops.

Lawless. Just great. Top story telling from the Abnett droid, and great art from the Winslade droid.

WhizzBang

Magnetica

Sorry I hardly ever look at the floppy as I have usually read all the stuff before.

It's "Second City Blues" from Progs 1420 to 1429 by Kek-W and Warren Pleece, a Birmingham based future sport strip.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Magnetica on 15 May, 2016, 03:40:09 PM
It's "Second City Blues" from Progs 1420 to 1429 by Kek-W and Warren Pleece, a Birmingham based future sport strip.

ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Buttonman

Two appearances on the letters page for me but no letter printed!

IndigoPrime

Dredd continues to get interesting, and Blunt makes a good start. Lawless has become one of my favourite things in the Meg and very much needs collecting. Realm fails to click with me, and there's a lot of it, too. Slightly OTT letters page, I thought. Someone complained! Quick, let's fill an entire page full of support!

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 May, 2016, 10:34:57 AM
Slightly OTT letters page, I thought. Someone complained! Quick, let's fill an entire page full of support!

I print the letters I receive, Craig. As it happened, a lot of people wrote it in to say they were enjoying RotD, as hard as that is for you to apparently believe.

Ghost MacRoth

I think it's great, regardless of being a bit 'rude' for the more sensitive souls.

Brink in the prog on the other hand, sucks donkey balls, but hey, others enjoy it, so crack on. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 19 May, 2016, 01:33:20 PMI print the letters I receive, Craig. As it happened, a lot of people wrote it in to say they were enjoying RotD, as hard as that is for you to apparently believe.
I was being flippant, not accusing you of anything untoward. I'm aware from reading threads here that, divisive as the strip is, it has support, and so, no, I don't find it hard to believe people wrote in about it.

Regardless (and as someone who should know better, given that I've been on both sites of the editor divide), I apologise for writing something that suggested otherwise (even if intended in glib fashion) and that struck a nerve.

Time to give the review threads a wide berth for a while, I think.

Woolly

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 May, 2016, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 19 May, 2016, 01:33:20 PMI print the letters I receive, Craig. As it happened, a lot of people wrote it in to say they were enjoying RotD, as hard as that is for you to apparently believe.
I was being flippant, not accusing you of anything untoward. I'm aware from reading threads here that, divisive as the strip is, it has support, and so, no, I don't find it hard to believe people wrote in about it.

Regardless (and as someone who should know better, given that I've been on both sites of the editor divide), I apologise for writing something that suggested otherwise (even if intended in glib fashion) and that struck a nerve.

Time to give the review threads a wide berth for a while, I think.

Not sure you deserved a public telling-off there, IP  :-\
Maybe Tharg's out of styrofoam or something... ;)*

In other news, the Meg is great at the moment.
Henry Flint is knocking it out of the park in Dredd, as is Michael Carroll both here and in the Prog,
Realm of the Damned continues to be gory fun,
We get the winner of the Dark Judges text competition, which i assume is great but haven't got round to reading yet,
Blunt, which i assume is great but haven't got round to reading yet,
and Lawless, where Phil Winslade and Dan Abnett show themselves to be comics Gods.
And on top of that we get Bad City Blues as the floppy, which is worth the cover price alone.

Meg's on a roll, don't muck about - buy it!

*Joking Tharg, joking...

Woolly

Quote from: Woolly on 19 May, 2016, 06:19:24 PM
We get the winner of the Dark Judges text competition..

That should read 'text story competition', although a Dark Judges SMS text conversation could be a thing of wonder...

Buttonman

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 19 May, 2016, 01:42:42 PM
I think it's great, regardless of being a bit 'rude' for the more sensitive souls.

Can I emphasize that I am not sensitive nor offended? I just said it was a bit in your face - like a large dose of bloody demon piss! I also penned a follow up this week saying that I am not channeling Mary Whitehouse!

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

COMMANDO FORCES

This has made me read the letters page, as I normally only read it for Buttonman's ramblings.
Now when he said that a casual reader might pick it up in the store, what he mean't to say was, a word thief would rip the mag out of it's thrill containment plastic protection wallet and therefore anything that that person thinks from then on would be null and void, as he's stolen that story in the shop.