Main Menu

How do I contact people in 2000AD?

Started by JohnnyBoyB, 21 September, 2009, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 September, 2009, 06:40:01 PM

And... there's probably a load more.

-pj

You know those odd professionals I warned you about ...?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JohnnyBoyB

Thanks again, guys! You've been really helpful.

My work wasn't really about spandex superheroes, and more about sci-fi adventures in an alien world, so that's why I asked if Tharg would be interested in something like that, to evaluate my skills. But you're probably right, I really should try the sample scripts.

I'll try to post some of my stuff here in the forums to see what you guys think of it. The more feedback I get, the better, at least that's what I think.

Now, please make this clear to me: you have monthly competitions here?! Like sequential storytelling competitions? Where can I see them?

Sorry I'm such a newbie, but I just registered yesterday.

IndigoPrime

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JohnnyBoyB on 22 September, 2009, 10:26:08 AM

Now, please make this clear to me: you have monthly competitions here?! Like sequential storytelling competitions? Where can I see them?

There's nothing official, but every month we have an Art Competition on this forum. You can see this month's here. This one is still running until Sunday 4th October.

Last month's can be found here.

The boarders pick their favourites once the competition has closed, I count the votes, disqualify Timson, and the winner gets to choose the subject for the following month's competition.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JohnnyBoyB

Oh ok, I'm enjoying this forum more and more... :D

Mike Gloady

Quote from: JohnnyBoyB on 22 September, 2009, 12:29:26 PM
Oh ok, I'm enjoying this forum more and more... :D
Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

Another visitor snared.  I'm off to feed the LaserSharks.  Come, my little white cat.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

uncle fester

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 22 September, 2009, 01:17:16 PM
Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

Another visitor snared.  I'm off to feed the LaserSharks.  Come, my little white cat.

The more I see your posts, the more I'm convinced you are actually Ernst Blofeld.... That Nemesis avatar is just a front, isn't it?

Bouwel

QuoteThe more I see your posts, the more I'm convinced you are actually Ernst Blofeld

Mike may act like him but funnily enough I look like Mr. Blofeld. True story.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

But which one Bouwel?

Or...

We demand answers, damn it all!

Bouwel

Top left; I'm most definitely Mr. Pleasence.

I even have a white pussy.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Mike Gloady

The Nemesis avatar is purely to save you all from questioning your sexuality when confronted by my handsome manliness.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

JohnnyBoyB

I love these threads... You start asking stuff about submissions to 2000AD, and all of a sudden, you start talking of different Blofelds. Hahaha!

Paul_Ridgon

Something that hasn't been mentioned and I feel is pertinent, is the convention circuit.  This enables you to to get some face time with the editor(s) that you want to see.  It will also give you an opportunity for more immediate feedback on your work and the opportunity to show your stuff to pros who can also give you pointers.  I can't recommend the convention (or expo here in then UK) scene enough for networking and getting to know people in the industry or, more importantly maybe, getting yourself known by the people in the industry.

DomArcher

Sorry to jump in all; but I'm having a similar problem to our artist friend, but from a writing point of view instead.
While I'm not ready to enter the workplace just yet (as I'm still at university) I have been wondering just how to enter the market when I'm finished and how to see if any internships are available.
Thanks all.

Emperor

Quote from: DomArcher on 01 September, 2010, 03:44:40 PM
Sorry to jump in all; but I'm having a similar problem to our artist friend, but from a writing point of view instead.
While I'm not ready to enter the workplace just yet (as I'm still at university) I have been wondering just how to enter the market when I'm finished and how to see if any internships are available.
Thanks all.

I doubt there are internships available as they run a very stripped down ship (but keep an eye on the forum as any opening would be mentioned here), so your best bet is to follow submissions guidelines, put together a Future Shock and send it to Tharg:

www.2000adonline.com/submissions

In the meantime it'd be worth submitting scripts to the small press and smaller indie publishers as it gives you the opportunity to hone your comics writing skills:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26022.0.html

See also the general writing thread:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25779.0.html

Any other questions? Then fire away.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+