Main Menu

Mark Millar looking for 2 or 3 page stories

Started by Emperor, 06 May, 2010, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Is it just my webfu thats weak? which one did he pick?
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 10 May, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
Is it just my webfu thats weak? which one did he pick?

This post by Mark Millar indicates the only one he's said is definitely in, although he also said he likes this one.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Van Dom

Right, so I'm already working on a piece for this with one of our most talented local artistes, but I've somehow come up with another script which would also fit the bill for this project nicely, and I'm wondering if perchance there might still be an artist in search of something to work on?

I must point out, it doesn't include any scuddy bits, boobs, anus pipes or phallic smokestacks (I leave those kinds of things to my much more capable colleagues The Enigmatic Dr X and Locustsofdeath, respectively!;) Mine is just a simple straightforward yarn about the strange things that can happen when you pull over for a snooze on a lonely country road in the middle of nowhere, when there's only five minutes til midnight...

I'm almost certain anybody who is interested in this project is already working on something, but there it is anyway, just on the off-chance!
PM away if you are interested!
Thank ye kindly! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Van Dom on 10 May, 2010, 09:49:15 PM

a simple straightforward yarn about the strange things that can happen when you pull over for a snooze on a lonely country road in the middle of nowhere, when there's only five minutes til midnight...

It's about dogging, right?

Quote from: Van Dom on 10 May, 2010, 09:49:15 PM

I must point out, it doesn't include any scuddy bits, boobs, anus pipes or phallic smokestacks

That's just a lie, right?

Lock up your spoons!

Van Dom

Shhhhh, the up-front approach didn't seem to work  so I'm trying to lure them in under false pretenses.!!!  :lol:
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

locustsofdeath!

Mine doesn't involve any of those things - cause it's not being done!!! Who'd thought drawing anus pipelines and phallic smokestacks wasn't a desirable gig for an artist? Ha!

Van Dom

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Paul_Ridgon

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 10 May, 2010, 10:01:42 PM
Mine doesn't involve any of those things - cause it's not being done!!! Who'd thought drawing anus pipelines and phallic smokestacks wasn't a desirable gig for an artist? Ha!

I'm sensing a theme amongst the writers here...[

The Enigmatic Dr X

Smarty's just posted up a script wot I did when this was one page only. Thanks for that Smarty, and your various e-numbered goodies.

No boobs! But it does have a man in his underpants.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=93141&st=80?s=9ccb0cd5335ea0b14c34e378a122b964

Lock up your spoons!

Van Dom

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Smarty

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ever helpful Jim's posted another one, by he, me and Dave Thomson - Malignancy. This was one of two I wrote after the detail about Clint was released. Oddly enough, I was worried that the other one was too risque. But then the brief was to have something 16-25 year olds would pass around with a Twilight Zone-y twist.

I have to say that I think Dave and Jim did a top notch job. I've never really appreciated how much the little tweaks to a script can improve a strip. It's at the bottom of p7.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=93141&st=120?s=bd0f3cb680bb36571b0731210424c69d

Oh, and there's a rumour going about that Jim does lettering.

Lock up your spoons!

El Chivo

That's great Team X
Great muff shot Dave  :)

Emperor

Good one. Nice art too - I like the greyscales, I often find them a little too grey but that was spot on (with a little bit of texture to some of them, which I think works nicely).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+