Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 August, 2012, 10:00:19 PM
Anyone notice a particular moniker of someone get namechecked - the atrium-shaft shot as the inhaler spins down - in the SLO-MO public-service-announcement:

Nice one, talking of namechecks I coined the "Say no to slo mo" on here a few months ago. Jeez, wheres my 15 seconds of fame lol
Never rub another mans rhubarb

karlurbaninternational

@Goaty: That`s so cool :)

Apestrife

Quote from: Goaty on 21 August, 2012, 10:18:20 PM
Well spotting Joe Soap! Alex do like me!

That's amazing haha! Congratulations!

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Teivion

Congrats Goaty!

RE comments on the news reports etc, I'm more surprised - saddened- that there isn't a link to 2000 AD that I can see.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Teivion on 22 August, 2012, 07:29:55 AM
RE comments on the news reports etc, I'm more surprised - saddened- that there isn't a link to 2000 AD that I can see.

There is.

Teivion

CRAVE AIN'T IT COOL NEWS CINEMA BLEND
Michael Alvarez Amy Martin James M. Clark Rachel West Mandeep Chohan John A. Cavooto Leah David AJ Vanek  TOTAL FILM SFX JOBLO HOLLYWOOD.COM IGN FIRSTSHOWING.NET COMICBOOK.COM

Well above is the copyn paste to the links at the bottom of Dredd Report, no 2000 ad ?

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Teivion on 22 August, 2012, 08:49:20 AM
Michael Alvarez Amy Martin James M. Clark Rachel West Mandeep Chohan John A. Cavooto Leah David AJ Vanek  TOTAL FILM SFX JOBLO HOLLYWOOD.COM IGN FIRSTSHOWING.NET COMICBOOK.COM

Well above is the copyn paste to the links at the bottom of Dredd Report, no 2000 ad ?

That's odd. The TV spot doesn't even mention 2000AD which I thought was a shame. After all, if your average cit who knows nothing of 2000AD catches the movie and takes a notion to pick up a comic they probably won't know where to start if the brand isn't promoted by the movie. Without knowing what new stuff to pick up they'll likely grab the first Case Files, which might not hold up well enough to hook them in.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Teivion on 22 August, 2012, 08:49:20 AM

There is, try the link under this image:

http://www.dreddreport.com/external/peachtree/block.html

Goaty

Good finding, Mr Soap on 2000AD links. It's looks great as mixed with current news. Some is bit out of touch of course but still great. 

SmallBlueThing

Brilliantly, up until yesterday the movie was listed as DREDD 3D on the Odeon website. However, today, all reference to "Dredd 3D" has disappeared and it is now listed only under the title "Dredd 2D". I assume someone somewhere has had the brainwave that it can't possibly be the third one after all, and has given it the title more becoming its sequel-to-Stallone status!

SBT

Goaty

Someone tweet another billboard.

Spaceghost

My wife emailed me at work yesterday to say she'd seen a billboard on her way to work in Leeds. "I got excited for you." she said.

I've asked her to take a pic today.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

Awesome - Urban is the man! As someone post it in IMDB -

A good friend of mine bumped into Karl Urban walking out of LAX. As soon as he saw him he rushed over and said "omg you are Karl Urban, Judge Dredd!"

Urban turned around cold as ice, lowered his sunglasses and said :

"2 years in the cubes punk, disturbing an on duty Judge"

Rofl just awesome.

Urban is epic.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Goaty on 22 August, 2012, 10:57:40 AM
Awesome - Urban is the man! As someone post it in IMDB -

A good friend of mine bumped into Karl Urban walking out of LAX. As soon as he saw him he rushed over and said "omg you are Karl Urban, Judge Dredd!"

Urban turned around cold as ice, lowered his sunglasses and said :

"2 years in the cubes punk, disturbing an on duty Judge"

Rofl just awesome.

Urban is epic.

Class act!
Never rub another mans rhubarb