Main Menu

Batman : Arkham Asylum

Started by bluemeanie, 29 June, 2009, 11:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Well as I dont think anyone else has, I thought I'd start a thread on this.

This has to be my most anticipated game EVER. I even shelled out £700 on a gaming spec pc so I'd be ready for it! Granted my machine was well old and needed upgrading anyway, but still...

Looks absolutely stunning and the stealth gameplay seems kickass. I recently played the Batman Begins Gamecube game on my wii which I thought was a lot better than the general concensus, but this looks almost TOO good. Released August 28th, actually considering booking a few days off.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPnTSvX86Dw

and heres a cool gameplay clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtdhEIgMm4

Roger Godpleton

I will buy this, but I think the new Splinter Cell makes it seem like a fairly run of the mill stealth em' up in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gZcWdyJUZw&feature=fvsr
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

bluemeanie

ok... that looks pretty cool. But Batman cool? I dunno

Nah, thats on my list as well now, but the comic nerd in me needs the Bat game way more.

Richmond Clements

Devons Daddy

based on i have read and watched at this point. its  a must buy.

great art, superb graphics, game play looks outstanding. good story line if the reviews are to be believed.
on my list for my august purchase, the summer has an outstanding line up of games this year doesnt it. which is not the normal run of things.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

bluemeanie

The box set thing woulda been more tempting if I didnt already have an imported razor edged batarang   :twisted:

Mike Gloady

Need this.  Like Mek-Quake needs things to kill and dismember and hrrrrrrr....

Yes.

Like I say.  Need it.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Devons Daddy

seen some stuff on this.
looks great, just what we need.

its a good summer for games. this being a great way to spend a month or so until modern warfare2 of course.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Keef Monkey

So far what I've seen of the gameplay hasn't blown me away, looks like it might be fairly button mashy. The look and style has me very impressed though, the Joker looks so damn cool I know I'm gonna buy this regardless.

Dr Feeley Good

Don't know if i am going to get it for the Xbox 360 or Ps3, i prefer playing on my xbox but the Ps3 version lets you play as the Joker......

uncle fester

Just seen that on a trailer. No Joker option on the XBox version! Bastards... what's the point of only allowing that on one platform? Still buying it the morning it comes out, mind... I doubt I could give an impartial review of it. I have an emulator of the Spectrum 128 version and it's still addictive.

Roger Godpleton

Demo out this Friday on all platforms. (At least in the US).
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Goaty

hopefully Demo out on Steam!

Something Fishy

Quote from: uncle fester on 21 July, 2009, 03:02:28 PM
Just seen that on a trailer. No Joker option on the XBox version! Bastards... what's the point of only allowing that on one platform? Still buying it the morning it comes out, mind... I doubt I could give an impartial review of it. I have an emulator of the Spectrum 128 version and it's still addictive.

Yeah downloadable later apparently.

I'm getting tha version anyhow, as then myself and son can play it (both have 360's).

Pete Wells

Don't forget the demo is out today guys!