Main Menu

More Dredd vs Death info and shots

Started by Stu, 05 September, 2002, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Couple of interesting points from the GamesDomain article:

---Based on an original storyline approved by 2000AD guru John Wagner himself, the game will lead players over a two-day journey as Dredd discovers a trail of clues leading him to his arch enemy, Judge Death---

Sounds promising. As others have mentioned, it looks like the Wagner/Irving Death tale was leading into the game storyline.

---Beginning with a fight against traditional stand-by Mean Machine, Dredd is distracted from a theft of blood from a blood bank. Following the trail of clues leads to the revelation of a hidden cartel of death cultists deep within Mega City One, and the story unfolds from there. It will be told in defined chapters, re-creating that comic book feel, leading the player through the different sections of the city, and even outside its gates into the deadly wastelands surrounding Mega City One---

Mean Machine? FPS butting action! The Death cult sounds interesting, and it's something that hasn't really been explored in Dredd before now (though whether it serves as anything more than a label for the next set of enemies is debatable ;-))
Again, more tie-ins with My Name Is Death - exploring the "deadly wastelands surrounding Mega City One"? Now where did I leave that alien superfiend...

"Defined chapters" sounds good, but I suspect it's just another way of dividing the game into levels.

And finally - who were the mystery "Rebellion artists"? Heads-down & scribbling furiously, they're rather hard to identify, so come on - which of you droids has escaped from Tharg? :-)

Matt

Finally, the game I was born to play. Let's hope Rebellion release a console version for PS2.

HiEx

I also hope that this game gets ported for the PS2.

HiEx

Oddboy

My vote is for PS2 also.

Is there a Dredd game on the PSone?  Or was it aborted?http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/1068.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wils

There was a Dredd game on PS1. It was one of those lightgun games and sucked bottom immensely. I only had a demo of it, so I didn't see that much of it. The cutscenes were funny, though, as everyone's uniform bar Dredd's consisted of the blatant use of painted cardboard. The bloke who played the captain of the holo-ship in Red Dwarf was CJ Griffin, IIRC.

Wils

Stu

For anyone who hasn't seen it already, PC Zone have put the recent article up on their website.

Link: http://www.pczone.co.uk" target="_blank">PC Zone

HiEx

Has anybody heard anything at all whether Dredd  vs Death will be ported over to the PS2 or not?

I'd love to play this game when it comes out, but I'm not spending hundreds of pounds to update my antiquated PC just to play a game, not when I already have a PS2 for games.

HiEx