Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakajac

I'm in two minds about this news.

Yep, disappointed not to see further releases - especially when there is (apparently) a prototype 1/6th scale Hammerstein floating about out there.  I would have loved to have seen some sort of kickstarter-style initiative - where the number of buyers can be confirmed before production even starts.  Surely that would still be an option - even if 3A wasn't involved?  It certainly works for other retro toy releases.  C'mon Rebellion... :)

And it's criminal they didn't utilise the Dredd figure/uniform for additional releases - Giant, Rico, Souster for starters.  Easy money for the completists like me.

On the other hand...I currently have five high quality 1:6th scale 2000AD figures on my shelves (including the behemoth that is Mongrel).  If you'd asked me if that was possible ten years ago, I would have laughed in your face. :)

ming

Disappointing news but no surprise (no Judge Fire to complete the set is a bit of a kick in the pants).  With a little more common sense applied from the start this line could have done a lot better - probably not in terms of huge sales but enough to have kept it going a bit longer.  Channeling money into developing things like Satanus was a bit pointless - if 3A had only focused on getting Rogue and Alpha out instead...

Oh well, seems very much like a missed opportunity.  I'm a bit sad as there will never be another one quite like this but at the end of the day they're only toys.

The figures we've got out of this venture over the years are a testament to the commitment and quality of 3A stuff and are very much the product of a fan rather than a hard-edged business approach (clearly a mixed blessing).  They'll sit on my shelves with pride (and get played with by my kids, which is the whole point).

SIP

It's a real shame, would have loved to see another 1/6 figure. At the very least I have an amazing 1/6th comic strip Judge Dredd, apart from Alpha that was always what I had hoped to get......so thank you 3a for that!

BPP

I'm glad they did what they did and love their stuff.

Nobody can ask a company to constantly lose money or squander their resources for minimal returns.

Thanks for what you gave us 3A. Especially ash and Gregory.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

lincnash

Poor character choices, Quality issues and 3A's ordering system are what bled money from the 2000AD line.
Generally the lack of planning and direction, with minimal Business sense in relation to the Market.
What little profit made on Death, was squandered on a Satanus proto for Ash's Studio.
The initial 1/6 line was canned due to lack of support (character releases).
Then they gave the 1/12 (re-launch) line the "good 'ole 3A treatment".

All the while, 10 years of absolute B.S. tweets/twoots/twats by the 3A (ADHD Kids) crew =
COMING SOON !!!! = Sov's and Anderson and Rogue, even Mean ......... if you support it  ;)
Yes, FIRE is coming along well, won't be long now.

When obviously dying the slow death, 3A show off a crazy-priced Alpha proto (on a desk in W.A. Studio now  ;))

DKCX

That's disappointing, I backed the 1/12th line as an entry point as the 1/6th line was too expensive to get past the wife, although the Judge Dredd model nearly turned me. Shame they don't do second runs.
Then to make matters worse the wife tossed my 1/12th mongrel plastic moulds in the bin just recently as well. Saved the box before she took care of that.

Anyone who has these have both good and bad feelings associated. Mine is opening up the aforementioned 1/12th Mongrel and splitting the 2 plastic molds and breaking his chin ring in the process!! The horror! Managed to glue the tiny ring in place and you wouldn't even know it was broke. After hearing everyone else's issues I stopped opening the rest except the lawmaster.. :o masterpiece
What are your memories, good and bad? Please share.

lincnash

BAD :- I fear 2000AD figures are to toys, the way D.C. Comics are to Movies  ;).
Re-Action, Legendary Heroes and now 3A  :'(.

GOOD :- If FIRE saw the light of day (didn't), what would 3A's version be like  :-*.
I'm not fond of the colourized "old skool", version (charred Black with green/yellow "Supernatural" fire).
Would they have gone with that colour-scheme  :-*

For totally narcissistic reasons  :lol:, I got to make a unique "Ghost Rider/grip hands" version  :) :) :).
15% 3A, 60% Legendary Heroes and the remaining = scratch-built  :P
As a juve Bolland's (Original) vision of the Dark Judges were in B&W.
So my childish imagination used "Ghost Rider", to fill the "colour gaps" on Judge Fire  :D.
Been that way ever since  ;).

AFTER BRIAN BOLLAND : THE FOUR DARK JUDGES :D.

Judge Fire = This City isss guilty ....
Judge Fear = .... the Crime iss life ....
Judge Mortis = ... the Ssentence is .....
Judge Death = DEATH !!!!.
:lol:

ted5536

So looks like the line is officially dead been a long time without an update. It is to bad we never even got Fire to complete the set.  Have lost a lot of respect for 3A for not being able to complete the set. I get Johnny and others being to expensive to make, but at least give us Fire.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ted5536 on 03 May, 2019, 04:26:49 PM
So looks like the line is officially dead been a long time without an update.

Erm... Just a bit, yeah...

QuoteFirst of all, from Ash and all of us on the team, we want to say 'Thank you!' to all the passionate 2000AD fans that supported our figure lines over the years. We are extremely proud of what we were able to produce and it is an endless thrill to hear about how much people love them. Unfortunately, I am saddened to announce that due to ever increasing production costs, scheduling delays, and unsustainable sales numbers, that 3A will no longer be continuing the 2000 AD collectible figure series. It's not for lack of passion, or wanting, or trying (as we had several in the pipeline), it just comes down to the damned math not adding up. Cheers to Rebellion and the 2000AD staff for letting us give it a go. And again, a massive thanks to all the fans that supported, promoted, and that have these figures sitting on their shelves!
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

https://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/thankyouandgoodnight

"The era of 3A is coming to a close. Kim and I are forging ahead in different directions. I wish Kim nothing but the best on the journey he is taking Threezero in and I'm grateful to have spent so many years in the trenches with the man. I'm proud of what 3A has produced and accomplished these 11 years. It's been a sincere honor and privilege to work with all of the 3A crew, past and present. My journey, my art, and my worlds, however, are heading towards new frontiers with head held high and brush in hand.

And to the fans –  Thank you. 3A could not have been what it was without you.

Rest assured – this is not the end, it's another beginning. The band remains the same, only the label is changing.

See you in the Underverse.

– Ash "

Dash Decent

Underverse, oververse, Wombling free...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Can I just lament for a momemt over the fact I have a bloody Rogue Trooper cushion but not a Rogue Trooper action figure?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

lincnash

Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 September, 2019, 04:33:15 AM
Can I just lament for a momemt over the fact I have a bloody Rogue Trooper cushion but not a Rogue Trooper action figure?

I have the figure, so don't need a cushion substitute  :lol:

It's a shame 1 year on, after Mr.Wood did a "Howard Hughes" and lost the plot after many broken promises.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 20 July, 2020, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 September, 2019, 04:33:15 AM

I have the figure, so don't need a cushion substitute  :lol:

It's a shame 1 year on, after Mr.Wood did a "Howard Hughes" and lost the plot after many broken promises.

That's great assuming it was you that put it together did it take you long?

Definitely not enough figures (and varieties)out there. I had considered doing a Rogue but it's making his buddies was the sticking point.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 21 July, 2020, 01:22:56 PM
That's great assuming it was you that put it together

Yes lack of releases and general 3A b.s. hype surrounding future figures, motivated me to make a few 1/12th characters for my collection.

I'm thinking about doing a Mean Machine figure to keep me busy while hiding from Phobia and Nausea during Necropolis in OZ.
;)