Main Menu

A Newcastle comic event?

Started by Emperor, 16 July, 2011, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

This is doing the rounds:

QuoteComic Event in Newcastle?

Hi everyone, I'm currently researching venues, costs, sponsors, funding and various other details involved in a potential comic convention in Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK). Whilst a number of you have shown interest in the past I feel that it is necessary at this point for me to ask a few short questions that will influence how I proceed with the next steps in the process.

As I say, I'm currently looking into venues etc. but what I really need to know from you guys is- would you be interested in attending, and if so- what would your primary focus be on? What would you want to see there?

There's currently a question posted for this on FaceBook, but if you'd prefer to put a message in my Ask or simply reply/reblog this, that'd also be great.

Thanks and here are the options that I've listed on the FB Question:

No. (Not something I'm interested in/Too far away)
Yes. (Anything and everything)
Yes. (Cosplay - contests and such)
Yes. (Smallpress - I love finding new artists etc.)
Yes. (Smallpress - I'd like to have a table/booth)
Yes. (Exhibitors - I love finding new toys/comics/shirts/games)
Yes. (Exhibitors - I'd like to have a table/booth)
Yes. (Panels and talks)
Yes. (Gaming - pen and paper, card games, video games, miniatures etc.)
Yes. (Guests - I want to get autographs etc.)
Yes. (Other, please specify)

http://t-iii.tumblr.com/post/7684785890/comic-event-in-newcastle

If you are interested or have any ideas, then let them know.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

klute

I'd love to see something like this happen its long overdue and hate the fact we seem to get missed by such events.

And there seems to be a big comic and related subjects crowd up here.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Emperor

I'm sure Pete and Stacey could arrange some kind of sponsorship from Greggs ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dandontdare

Daveycandlish

Well it's my hometown so I'd have to say yes!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Proudhuff

Happyly get on the train ta the Toon, they're nearly Jocks anyway
DDT did a job on me

Dode C

a con in Nu-Castle? In the Nort East? Make it so.

Cpt Rhodes

There was a brilliant one day comic con in Newcastle in the Mid 90's. The Viz boys put on a free bar and it was a pretty good day overall.
I had to sleep in a carpark overnight though since the folk putting us up fucked off into a night club and the bouncers wouldn't let us in.

Still have fond memories of Newcastle regardless...

NeilFord

I've just been to a web development conference in Newcastle, was thoroughly impressed with Newcastle/Gateshead - brilliant town, absolutely beautiful along the river with the bridges, Sage and the baltic etc.

I would definately attend if the dates & planets aligned favourably.

Dodsy

Make this happen! Closest I think the north east gets to a con is when golden orbit rolls around every couple of months to the uni.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Batman's Superior Cousin

As a Geordie, I'd say HELL YEAH!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

stacey

Just seen this, have my own plans for something extremely small scale afoot. Haven't got anything to tell youse except we  have already been taking with venues etc. Very small scale though

Also wotcha all, I have been AWOL lately but still lurking!

Proudhuff

Quote from: stacey on 15 August, 2011, 09:46:22 PM
Just seen this, have my own plans for something extremely small scale afoot. Haven't got anything to tell youse except we  have already been taking with venues etc. Very small scale though

Also wotcha all, I have been AWOL lately but still lurking!

The Norts will rise again!
DDT did a job on me

Dodsy

The Norts will rise again!

I'd be proud to wear that!
Twitter - @dodsy84

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me