Main Menu

I've just read V for Vendetta.

Started by Jayzus B. Christ, 18 May, 2002, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayzus B. Christ

JimBob

Good book, read it a few years ago and really liked it. ?Is that then on with the theological question about the poisoned communion wafer? Nasty.

wiggy

yeah, i read that a few years ago...or was that brigand doom??????

JimBob

Brigand Doom = pants. Liked the black and white art though.

Jayzus B. Christ

I never thought of that. It is a bit of a muck rip-off of V for Vendetta, isn't it?

paulvonscott

It was such a blatant piece of theft, I refused to read Brigand doom.  Utter shite.

V however is rather good...

Funny how you get these great comics, while everything else is so mundane.  Crap will outweigh the good, but in comics it seems like the scales are fixed.

Mudcrab

I think tooths WORST COVER EVER has to be the one with Brigand Doom with all the 'stuff' on the page done in a Windows 3.1 stylee. UUUUUUUUGH!!! Has to be the cheapest form of imitation ever. Very sad! I don't think I can bring... nah, hold on, I'll find it...

http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=covers&page=characterimage&Image=764&choice=brigand&Comic=2000ad">WORST COVER EVER!!!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

roystead

I recently read V for Vendetta as well - and simultaneously wandered through Brigand Doom in 2000AD.

BD isn't a *complete* rip-off of VfV, but it's not far off it, and is far inferior.

VfV was superb.

Which is praise indeed from someone like me, who doesn't generally think much of Alan Moore's "serious" works (Halo Jones, VfV & From Hell excepted).

Roy

moly

v read it originally in warrior best new brit comic for years what with axel etc shame it folded

jont

Actually, I think that covers pretty cool.

Mostly because of it's retro charm, so I can see why someone would cringe if they saw it first time round.

The thrill power menu is fantastic.

johnnystress

for a minute there i thought jayzus b had risen again- maybe he'll put in a appearance on easter sunday

just reread v last night- still great

Dan Kelly

Anyway, that's not Windows 3.1, its Mac OS something sub v7...

I don't know...

Noisybast

Looks like the old Atari ST operating system (the snigger-inducing TOS).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

See?http://toastytech.com/guis/tosfolders.png">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Floyd-the-k

No, that's not the worst cover ever. The worst one was the one with Durham Red looking like a chubby goth Transvestite