Main Menu

New Poll: When does Christmas start for you?

Started by 2000AD Online, 24 November, 2004, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Dan Kelly

Noisybast

NOT YET, DAMMIT!http://www.johnmillar.co.uk/images/prod_minthm/minthmgrrev.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

Don't want to be picky or anything, but the 12 days are the days after Christmas, not before.

CarolDiane

Whenever Christmas starts, just remember that no matter how much effort you put into shopping, cooking, decorating the house, etc, that effort is NOT, repeat NOT going to magically turn your relatives into rational [or possibly even likable] sentient beings.  That's my sanity saving tip for the season.

Queen Firey-Bou

well mine are working their way into a frenzy of odious insanity well in advance..great

not only are presents in question, but i'm trying to get daughters passports sorted in case we decide to break a lifetimes tradition.. & f*ck off ourselves for christmas, leave the nut-jobs to combust over their bitter & begrudging baubles.

soooo at my work, we don't do Christmas, its a religious thing. Ive been getting ratty with smug customers being rude about the fact that we havent stocked the place with commercial rip off santa covered shite, so i finally asked my boss today on what grounds do we not do Christmas, the answer is multi fold, so while i am sad not to be allowed to make silly decorations, i am happy that my place of work stays stubbornly appart from commercial insanity.

at home however, i will go the whole hog & try to have the brightest shinest illuminated house ( on a shoe strig ) for miles. i celebrate it, cos its traditional, and pagan, & involves shiney things.

i wait til the weekend before tho before decorations go nuts. & the flashing reindeer earings come out.

Floyd-the-k

thanks for the tip, CarolDiane. Japan has started going Christmassy as of last week, the hostess bars have lights up, as do the department stores and my students are doubtless looking around to find someone special to take out for the traditional Christmas eve bonk.
 Me, I`m working on cards and presents to avoid that pressured feeling I get every bloody year

VampiraJen

Megadeth

Not until late on Christmas Eve when as my tradition dictates i start watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Oddboy

It's one month away now, so I'll start accepting people being more Christmassy. But the sensible folk will at least have the decency to wait until December...
Better set your phaser to stun.

Conexus

It doesn't have option of:

I get the pressies early, but I don't actually feel Christmasy till at least the twentieth December

CarolDiane

I'm with you on the shiny things, & there's nothing wrong with a Midwinter festival with eating & drinking & making noise to frighten evil spirits & encourage the Sun to rise again - the problem is unrealistic expectations [I'm thinking of my Mum here, and her deep-seated belief that putting three types of potato & four of brassica on the table will stop my neice & nephew playing their obnoxious power games].  I'd go away for Christmas if I had the dosh.  One of my best was when I was with VSO - I spent Christmas on a beach in Mombasa with friends, swimming in the Indian Ocean & generally not giving a stuff.  That's a happy place I go to in my head when it's all too much.