Main Menu

New Poll: Of all the comic?s many great concepts, which should be the next to be developed as a comp

Started by 2000AD Online, 27 February, 2006, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

Quirkafleeg

LARF

I'm with Amstor - Chopper Game please!!!!

Bart Oliver

Originally posted on the XIII thread;

++

GTA San Andreas - Gangs of Mega City One.

Slow driving, tapping, scrawling, sky surfing, pod wrecking, block war, Jimping, Futsie rampages, face changes, ugly clinics, Stookie glands, Munce, Hotties, Umpty candy, black market stubs..

Imagine hotwiring a Manta Prowl Tank.

++

So many crimes to commit, so little time. Before Jays throw you in the cubes or you have to hide out in the Undercity or Cursed Earth.

Like most sub games in the GTA series, Sky Surfing (and the rest) could be as integral or incidental to a player's gaming experience as they choose to make it.

What has set Rockstar's games apart from most is the apparent sense of gaming freedom and the fact game elements can be completed in a none linear progression.

Something that players might have first experienced with something as simple as the Judge Dredd board game (remember that?) but sadly lacking from the contemporary title Dredd vs. Death.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bart Oliver

http://www.clanfork.co.uk/Trev/B/images/BkMnBox1.jpg> http://www.clanfork.co.uk/Trev/B/images/BkMnBox2.jpg>

Don't remember a Block Mania board game.. anyone play this?

Link: http://www.clanfork.co.uk/Trev/B/BlockMania.htm" target="_blank">1987..

Obviously you're not a golfer.

I, Cosh

Ant Wars = 3D Ant Attack

Link: http://sandywhite.co.uk/fun/ants/" target="_blank">Nostalgia-a-go-go

We never really die.

Meathook

I remember the Block Wars Game although I never played it. The Dredd Game had Metal figures that I do remember and there is also a Dredd gamebook too!
Each peach pear plum!

Floyd-the-k

Persuade me how Synamon or Valkyrie would be fun one you'd stopped laughing at the fact they'd been made into games

Satanist

"Persuade me how Synamon or Valkyrie would be fun one you'd stopped laughing at the fact they'd been made into games"

After reading their diabolical exploits in the prog you could boot up yer console and kill the characters in many imaginative ways until you feel better*

*The same way I used to climb the highest cliffs in Tomb Raider so I could chuck Lara to her doom, ah happy days!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Large48

No SIN/DEX ?!?!??!?!? WTF!!!!!

With Simon's artwork, etc etc....

Get to runa round with big guns shooting everything.... Sounds like a plan to me.....

I'll get me coat
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dudley

How the list of possibles was put together:

Top 20 thrills as voted for by readers of this website, excluding multiple entries from the same world.  Plus things I thought would be interesting to make into games.  Plus the option to, as Amstor has done, argue cogently and fluently for your own ideas outside of these.

I reckon Synnamon and Valkyries could both make great games.  

Thursday

I must admit I'd be tempted by a Valkyries game, albeit more out of sheer curiosity than any intrinsic fondness for the strip.

How about a Future Shocks game?  You could have a compilation of short games, like a FPS, a third-person puzzle/adventure, maybe a musical dancing game, all with the requisite twist and introduced by Tharg himself.    

Dudley

I meant, I reckon Valkyries could make a great game (planet hopping Viking femmes with hammers?  What's not to like?)

I like the fact that Valkyries now has 4 votes, while Synnamon has none.

Roger Godpleton

Strontium Dog, where you are given a range of different contracts to persue, choosing one leads to a wider plot, involving some sort of Kreeler conspiracy. I see it as a Hitman style open-ended game. You could either use subterfuge and interrogation to build up info on a target before collaring them discreetly, or shoot anyone evil up, an act which could lead to the local law coming down on you.

Slaine would be dull. It would probably end up as a hack n' slash game where you have two attacks and a power meter that builds up everytime you kill something  until you can activate a Warp-Spasm that lasts for 30 seconds.

A Prince-of-Persia style Dante game would be fun, but it would miss out on the intrigue that makes the early Dante stories so great. A Monkey Island style Battle of wits minigame with Jena Makarov could be great though.

The oft-mentioned ABC Warriors FPS should be made pronto.

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Amstor Computer

Thursday --

That's quite interesting - Future Shocks as Warioware with Tharg?

I'm still of the opinion that smaller, cheaper more regular releases would be an interesting way for Rebellion to go. Games like Dredd Vs Death and Rogue Trooper require larger teams, lengthy development cycles & a lot more money - what about having a small team working on games for mobile platforms (phones, GBA, DS etc.), Flash games or Xbox Live Arcade titles? An Advance Wars-alike has already been discussed here as a possibility, but I think it's a route worth exploring.