Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

My car journey too and fro Birmingham today was Therion's 'Theli'.  It's super cheesy operatic metal, with an Egyptian slant.  Kind of like a glam 'Powerslave'.  Lots of synths.  Fun to sing along to if you enjoy jumping between falsetto and growls.

http://youtu.be/SxibDN4aB2o

Hawkmumbler

Just was 30 Seconds to Mars live in Manchester MEN. One of the best concerts i've been to in ages. Simply amazing.

Currently enjoying Moon Wiring Club's 'A Spare Tabby At The Cat's Wedding'

GrinningChimera

Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU#t=61

"Washing the dog, washing the dog!"

>:D

I feel like breaking the law now. Or at least washing the dog.

CrazyFoxMachine

...and to think I was under the impression I was mad when I always got "Vera the Duck" stuck in my head when listening to Maiden's Fear of the Dark.

pictsy

Today I shall be listening to Zero 7.

But first, I am off to rob a bank with my Fender Squire!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 05 December, 2013, 08:08:26 AM
...and to think I was under the impression I was mad when I always got "Vera the Duck" stuck in my head when listening to Maiden's Fear of the Dark.

Ha! That reminds me of my interpretation of a line from 'Iron Maiden' - 'Washing dishes, up above my head'.

Spikes

Well yesterday it was the sound of wailing sirens followed by loudspeaker broadcasts warning of severe flood warnings and that we was to "act now!".

All very disconcerting indeed. Thankfully the worst didn't come to pass, but those directly facing the Humber took a hell of a battering.

Hope the rest of the forum's East-Coaster's made it through OK?

GrinningChimera

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Do you know what Tool's best song is?

Eclectic Electric by Primus
You may quote me on that.

GrinningChimera

Machinarium Soundtrack.

Lots of crazy noises. With some underlying sinister sounding bits. Reminds me a little of the American Mcgees Alice soundtrack. You can imagine some of the songs fitting quite nicely in a Tim Burton film.

Chris Tresson

Devons Daddy

Today!! The pogues and kirsty mc call ( finest christmas song in the history of the world)
The fairy tale of network city!

Also mr James blunt new album, very pleasant
And Robert plants latest(ish) release with the incredible satan your kingdom must come down.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Frank

New PIXIES, which sounds a bit too Robert Palmer/Ocean Colour Scene for my liking, but Joey Santiago's guitar makes the sound of my soul ascending to heaven and Black Francis has remembered where he left his scream.

Spikes

Was familiar with this slightly troubling cover, by these crazy avant-garde former Yugoslavs, which has in turn led me to this achingly beautiful, and equally troubling live version.