Main Menu

Rogue Trooper (and related G.I's) Fanzine

Started by Steven Denton, 04 October, 2017, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Just throwing out my tuppence ha'porth here.  It's dynamic, stimulating and distinct.  It definitely works for the subject matter and I would be interested personally in seeing more of the story.  I would also disagree with the label 'awful' to describe the figure.  I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself there.  Go have a look at some of Jon Bogdanove's Superman work if you want to see awful figure work.

I think the comments about the arm length and hose are right.  The leg seems disconnected as well if you look at it too long.  I do also wonder if there is a little too much space at the bottom with not much going on.  Then again, if the intent was to give a sense of perspective looking up the ramp .....  Not sure, spitballing a bit here.  Perhaps someone can help me out here (or shoot me down in flames).

Certainly looking forward to seeing more, particularly an extended narrative piece.

mightybren

Thanks Tjm86. Regards the ramp, it's a mixture of perspective and I'd say lazyness on my part. I did rough a few heads there to show the medics in Steven's story, however I thought the composition was problematic. It looked like Tor Cyan was throwing the droid at them... I guess this is where my inexperience with storytelling comes in. I'm not confident making that kind of judgement, so I went the easy way of "let's just draw less". The Legendary Shark has sent me some scripts to practice on, I've got a lot to learn :)

Good shout on the disembodied leg. I think that's a perspective problem. The leg should be twisted a bit more to the right. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Not sure how I feel about Jon Bogdanove after doing a Google search... He got published for 8 years producing work like that?!

Steven Denton

Steven Denton

I'm still working on this but I haven't heard back from anyone in a long time.

IAMTHESYSTEM

That is amazing blast-athon filled artwork.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

Steven, that is a fabulous Illustration.

Steven Denton

Thank you! I do like a good Nu Earth battle scene.