Main Menu

The Collected Dredd

Started by IronGraham, 13 March, 2015, 10:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

So Rebellion are doing a lovely job of collecting the Dredd stories from 2000AD and The Megazine in the Case Files and now we are getting the Newspaper strips collected with the amazing Daily Dredd, my question is what's left in the Dredd canon to collect?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Steve Green

Depends what you mean by canon.

Obviously the 4 banned Cursed Earth episodes.

The Carlos Ezquerra and Ron Smith adaptations of the Stallone film.

Any tie-in stories like the Funeral for a Friend(?)

The DC Dredds

Hawkmumbler

The 1995 Shueisha movie tie in. Lawman of the Future. A collection of smaller Dredd world material (the floppies are covering them).

IronGraham

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 March, 2015, 11:15:12 AM
Depends what you mean by canon.

yeah probably should of picked a better wording
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Steve Green

Did any more surface of this?

TordelBack

Surely Jonathan Clemens must be related to our own Richard Clemens, he should ask.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 March, 2015, 12:58:17 PM
Did any more surface of this?

I've scoured the net for scanlations, RAW's, or even a snippit of information on ANN concerning this. Nothing. This is all that I can find......but yet it is still listed in the Jump index as having been published in the Autumn 1995 special. It DID go to press. I just can't find anything else about it anywhere!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Tordelback on 13 March, 2015, 01:08:10 PM
Surely Jonathan Clemens must be related to our own Richard Clemens, he should ask.

Where's that ban button..?

Bolt-01

Yikes. And if you know your history for FQP that is even scarier!

Frank

The Carlos Ezquerra and Ron Smith adaptations of the Stallone film ... The DC Dredds

Those are the two biggies; unlikely DC having plans to do anything with them in the near future, so I imagine all it would take to secure the reprint rights would be a share of any profits, rather than an upfront cash sum. Between the main DC Dredd title and Legends of the Law, there enough pages to fill two volumes the size of the colour Case Files, along with a covers gallery.

You could get at least two colour volumes out of Lawman Of The Future, and sell it on the back of the alternate Judge Death origin story. Might make sense to bundle them with the movie adaptations, since they all feature the Stallone movie costume. As with the DC Dredds though, the main stumbling block to these seeing print again is that they aren't very good - Keith Richardson's objection to 8-ball's request to reprint LOTF was that he'd have to read them all again.

JOE SOAP

The Carlos Ezquerra and Ron Smith adaptations of the Stallone film ... The DC Dredds

The Ron Smith adaptation of the film could possibly appear as an addendum in whatever upcoming volume of The Daily Dredds is relevant since that is essentially the same format as it was published - even though it was published in the News of the World.

glassstanley

Just to add, there's 2 stories told over 2 series of phone-cards, plus a one-off that was created to be displayed in the back of London black cabs. Dredd also makes an appearance in ITV telethon booklet (scripted by Wagner, I think) and a cameo in the Comic Relief Comic.

Max Headroom

Don't forget the 'Metro Dredds' and the 'Judge Dredd Action Special' (which I think may have had something to do with leftover 'LOTF' material).