Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Fortunately, the page has gone to a person of impeccable character for safe keeping - and we've both written some very gloomy "if anything happens to me..." letters. Nothing else I own is really irreplaceable so I'm content for now.

I think I had the same dream about a Carlos museum - I hope it comes to pass.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 July, 2019, 10:53:11 AM
Quote from: Frank on 21 July, 2019, 04:48:55 PM

Looks like Joe's getting ready for a good old rummage down the back of those Emphatically Yesses.

Probably looking for that missing badge.

That's one sleepy-looking Lawmaster right there.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

I've acquired a rather lovely laser cut wooden Lawgiver Mark 1. It's sanded and primed. And just needs painting...so what's the best colour scheme and reference pic for getting the colours right?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

Doh! Thanks.

I had it in my head that it had more black in it.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 31 October, 2019, 12:35:25 PM
Doh! Thanks.

What colour is Dredd's uniform?
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 01 November, 2019, 11:45:25 PM
Doh! Thanks.

How do you pronounce Sláine?

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 02 November, 2019, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 01 November, 2019, 11:45:25 PM
Doh! Thanks.

How do you pronounce Sláine?

when is meltdown man going to melt?

Richard

Dredd's uniform is black (they just sometimes use blue as artistic licence, like with Superman's hair). The follow-up questions are just because this is one of the perennial questions that always comes up from time to time. There's a whole thread somewhere about Dredd's uniform, but if you can't be arsed to search for it, the evidence is: (1) Ezquerra always did it entirely in black and never used blue, and (2) John Wagner wrote a line of dialogue in The Judge Child where Dredd is about to kill a suicidal psychopath, and the psycho says something like "Death in black! Excellent! Black is my favourite colour!"

Tiplodocus

For reasons too complicated to go into, I need to get an original series Captain Kirk costume. But don't want to go mad spending.  I can see lots of options on eBay. Can anyone recommend a supplier of such things?

The Legendary Shark

Just buy a yellow sweatshirt and rip the chest out.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

M.I.K.

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 January, 2020, 01:04:01 AM
For reasons too complicated to go into, I need to get an original series Captain Kirk costume.

If this is a time travel thing, tread very carefully and avoid any contact with Joan Collins.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 January, 2020, 04:25:03 AM
Amazoon

Yes, plenty of options like that (though that one looks like from the rebooted films) but I was wondering if any of the cosplayers on board had recommendations. I bought a TNG uniform off Amazon about 5 years ago which looked good but needed massive alterations to it so it didn't look like an unfolded sack of washing.

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 02 November, 2019, 11:40:17 PM
(2) John Wagner wrote a line of dialogue in The Judge Child where Dredd is about to kill a suicidal psychopath, and the psycho says something like "Death in black! Excellent! Black is my favourite colour!"

Filmore Faro (just read that episode the other day).