Main Menu

Dredd verse related series?

Started by rs_jr, 13 September, 2016, 01:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 September, 2016, 09:33:53 PM
Don't think its been mentioned but Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon had a very tenuous Dredd world connect, but you know Steve Parkhouse so well worth it anyway.

Barney tells me reprinted in Meg 324.
Not having that particular floppy to hand - remind me what the connection was?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 13 September, 2016, 11:21:33 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 September, 2016, 09:33:53 PM
Don't think its been mentioned but Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon had a very tenuous Dredd world connect, but you know Steve Parkhouse so well worth it anyway.

Barney tells me reprinted in Meg 324.
Not having that particular floppy to hand - remind me what the connection was?

Tenuous ws probably the wrong word, it was more unnessecary - it was just set in that world.

Magnetica

Harlem Heroes and it's sequel Inferno also has a tenuous / unnecessary link to the Dredd verse. Mega City One and the Judges are mentioned but it looks unrecognisable.

The strongest link is that Judge Giant is IIRC John Clay's son. Given "Giant" is a nickname I am not sure how that works.

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 14 September, 2016, 08:08:58 AM
Harlem Heroes and it's sequel Inferno also has a tenuous / unnecessary link to the Dredd verse. Mega City One and the Judges are mentioned but it looks unrecognisable.

The strongest link is that Judge Giant is IIRC John Clay's son. Given "Giant" is a nickname I am not sure how that works.
I can accept the original Harlem Heroes (and Inferno), it's the re-imagined Harlem Heroes which seems unnecessary (except for the Steve Dillon / Kev Walker art, of course).

Greg M.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 September, 2016, 10:27:06 PM

Walter the Wobot - prog#50

That plumber is the dead spit of Bob Hoskins, possibly pre-empting his later role as Mario.

Klegg Bait

I eat up collections of these and would love to see more.