Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 04 March, 2020, 11:53:01 AM
So we've got a Rogue Trooper book coming up, any idea what will be in it?

Will it have Realpolitik, as in the graphic novel of that name from Rebellion as that would mean I've got a surplus for a friend. However, one of these collection book could hold a bit more, so maybe the 86ers as well?

I think it's going to be essentially Realpolitik plus Cinnabar (maybe a few Annual stories/odds and sods).
@jamesfeistdraws

bedlamvr

Sooo .. here is a question,

Does anyone know what it happening with the premium figures? The last one i got was rouge - and I thought there was supposed to be 6 - every 7 deliveries or so - so i am guessing the next one would be due soon ?

bernardsfingers

Quote from: bedlamvr on 04 March, 2020, 12:08:00 PM
Sooo .. here is a question,

Does anyone know what it happening with the premium figures? The last one i got was rouge - and I thought there was supposed to be 6 - every 7 deliveries or so - so i am guessing the next one would be due soon ?
Last figure came with issue 51/52 so next one is due with 65/66 I guess.

The Monarch

its depressing we only got a john smith story NOW  :(

IndigoPrime

Well, if that extension happens, who knows? I will, though, be extremely disappointed if we get another 30 books and there's still no Firekind collection (backed with Leatherjack or whatever else) at the very least. Indigo Prime and Revere would also be welcome (although the latter might be tricky to compile with something else).

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 March, 2020, 12:28:36 PM
Indigo Prime and Revere would also be welcome (although the latter might be tricky to compile with something else).

Cradlegrave plus some future shocks?

abelardsnazz

Or, instead of future shocks, Smith's one-off takes on Friday and Robo-Hunter? Enfleshings is brilliant, and I don't think Something for the Weekend, Sir has been reprinted since the original Sci-fi Special, but it still seems to haunt the back of my mind, as all the best Smith stories should.

Tomwe

Back of the prog has last rogue volume, credits Rennie, Smith, Dillon, Coleby & Johnson.

bernardsfingers

Has anyone here not had the latest payment taken (for issues 63/64)? My hachette account shows payment on 14th Feb which usually means the payment actually leaving my account 2 weeks later (this has been true for as long as I've ever bothered checking). However the most recent payment which should have been taken on 28th Feb wasn't taken. Just wanted to check if this was/wasn't the same for others before chasing it up.

Southstreeter

I'm an occasional buyer who gets them direct from Hatchette. Unfortunately I've been getting a 'moving to a new warehouse' message on their website for quite some time now. Anyone know anything about this? How are they managing to service their subscribers without a warehouse? Nowhere near me sells it so I have to get these online.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Southstreeter on 10 March, 2020, 05:39:16 PMHow are they managing to service their subscribers without a warehouse?
By delaying everyone's subscription by three weeks, sending two books in a big bag, and then promising to send replacements and failing to do so – at least if my experience is typical.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Southstreeter on 10 March, 2020, 05:39:16 PM
I'm an occasional buyer who gets them direct from Hatchette. Unfortunately I've been getting a 'moving to a new warehouse' message on their website for quite some time now. Anyone know anything about this? How are they managing to service their subscribers without a warehouse? Nowhere near me sells it so I have to get these online.

Preorder from Forbidden Planet instead, man.
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 March, 2020, 07:48:03 PM
Quote from: Southstreeter on 10 March, 2020, 05:39:16 PM

Preorder from Forbidden Planet instead, man.

Amen.
Ages ago I picked some cherries and did just that till the end of the run.

abelardsnazz

Rogue Trooper volume 5 contains:

Cinnabar
What Lies Beneath
Weapons of War
Overkill
Lions
A Visit to the Boneyard
Requiem
Angels
Ghouls
Realpolitik
Condor Six Down
Dead Ringer
What If...Gunnar Survived the Quartz Zone Massacre

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 11 March, 2020, 12:59:22 PM
Rogue Trooper volume 5 contains:

Cinnabar
What Lies Beneath
Weapons of War
Overkill
Lions
A Visit to the Boneyard
Requiem
Angels
Ghouls
Realpolitik
Condor Six Down
Dead Ringer
What If...Gunnar Survived the Quartz Zone Massacre

So it's essentially the Tales of Nu-Earth phonebook 04, minus three or four minor one-offs. Pretty much what we expected.
@jamesfeistdraws