Main Menu

activities of the trapped

Started by Cyberleader2000, 23 March, 2020, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

:o
I need help getting my jaw off the floor. That's incredible work.

Colin YNWA

Wow - just stunning. Fantastic work.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

That's truly amazing.
I hadn't seen the metal plates either - lovely piece of work too. And now I'm going to be looking back at the pages behind them and playing Name That Episode all day.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Trooper McFad

Thanks for the kind words guys. JayzusB I hope you had fun trying to figure out what progs I used for the background for the metal plates.

Sitting in my office (home) today I was thinking that a ro-jaws could be doable and I still have enough model clay and milliput left over to give it ago. It's a free go just my time to be wasted 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Well I gave Row-Jaws ago in their latest lockdown. Most of it done pre Xmas then a break for the "festivities".
I based it again on the Kevin Walker version and hopefully got close. I'm pleased with the overall result and adds another to the team.
I'm on the look out for the right model kit to tweak for a Deadlock but if I feel brave one day I might try a Mongrol.

As lockdown may still be on for a few weeks yet I've got another project lined up. One kit is here and I'm just waiting on one from Ebay

Bolt-01

'Tis a cracking looking shelf. Ro-jaws fits in really well. Grand work.

Tomwe

AM I the only one who can't see Trooper McFad's images? I've tried turning my ad blocker off...

I'm nearing the end of the Slaine 500 piece puzzle myself right now. Just blue and murk to go...

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Tomwe on 19 January, 2021, 10:18:12 AM
AM I the only one who can't see Trooper McFad's images? I've tried turning my ad blocker off...

I'm nearing the end of the Slaine 500 piece puzzle myself right now. Just blue and murk to go...

It could be that your isp is TalkTalk and they are having issues with imgur. I had to switch off my "no spam" in my home safe settings.

Good luck getting through the blue and murk.

ming

Apart from chipping away at that loony Lego Torque-armada last year I spent a fair few hours doing some linocuts.  Not something I'd done before but I really like the process.  I did a couple in 2019 but had a lot to learn so it's only recently I've been (fairly) happy with how these turn out.  From doodling to the final design and the cutting, inking and printing, it's a nice way to spend a few hours.  The printing is my least favourite part of the process, mind, since then I start to focus on the bits I did wrong.  Anyway, here's a few from last year...  (These are all test print pics; tweaked and cleaned up a bit afterwards but they give a good idea of how they ended up looking.)

Trooper McFad

Those are great Ming. I especially like the snail as it looks as if there's a hell of a lot of work and patience there.
Is it a huge time consuming process?

I think the bike one is very clever with the 2 colours and shadow.

Question now is there gonna be any 2000AD characters produced?

ming

The snail took quite a while but is by far from the most time consuming one I've done - I don't really have a clue how long but maybe 8 hours or so to cut?  It takes time to get the design prepped to cut and there's definitely patience involved but it's a very relaxing process all in all - a good one for the weird times we're living in.  The one below took a while and really isn't very well suited to linocut which is why I've now done it twice (at least it improved a bit) and have three others planned along these lines.  Hmm.