Main Menu

The Walking Dead Comic thread

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

See, I start with the second-favourite and then employ the system detailed above. I need a good aperitif.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 August, 2018, 05:42:22 PM
See, I start with the second-favourite and then employ the system detailed above. I need a good aperitif.

That's a good variant - if I wasn't a creature of habit I'd try that.

I start with new stuff, typically those in the first three issue which I still consider 'under review'.

Magnetica

The system I employed with the latter IDW Judge Dredd stuff is was to put it randomly into my (non organised) pile and then not actually read it....yet...will at some point I guess.

Proudhuff

I start with the ones I 'need' to find out what happens next then in descending order of excitement...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

So again, just when I was going to stop buying, things pick up.

The walkers are showhorned in to the episode but at least they are there this month!!
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

So I'm at New World Order trade and some interesting stuff happening. It's  not exactly... er... subtle though is it. No nuance at  all.

And even the reasons for Michonne starting to side with the Commonwealth seems terribly forced. Iirc, the TV show managed to set our gang on different sides of Prison vs. Governor much more effectively.

Princess can fuck right off though. Every terrible bit of "That's totally rad, dude" dialogue pulls me out of an already strained believability.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 30 October, 2018, 08:01:37 AM

Princess can fuck right off though. Every terrible bit of "That's totally rad, dude" dialogue pulls me out of an already strained believability.

100% spot on Tips! if a character was ever ever designed to appeal to a cosplaying demographic and attract the Vampire Diaries audience its her, we can only hope she has a deep, dark, nasty side that comes out and stabs them all in the back!   
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Trade Waiting scum that I am, I have just picked up Volume 31 THE ROTTEN CORE.

It livens up a bit. Still not subtle in the slightest.

But Rick actually seems to be doing the right thing for a change before being forced into a trademark bad decision.

The pacing is a bit off though; Michonne's big dilemma and court room scene rushed through in a dozen pages almost out of nowhere. Princess still annoying. Cast still too large to keep track of.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I'm still on board, but only just... anyone else watch the TVs Carol and Daryl tour Scotland?
The even learnt to pronounce Edinbra right  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Its four years, count um four years since I read Compendium 1 and I know have the rest and what would have been Compendium 2 has now reached the top of my pile. Though I've picked them up as trades in some digital sale or other.

Anyway the series remains what it is big fun dumb. Comic fast food. Easy to comsume and at times tries to pretend its more sophisticated than it is. I've burned through trades 9 -12. The aftermath of the collapse of the prison to arrival at Alexandra. I'm surprised how much of the series was reflected in the telly show (I've watched the first 7 seasons, tempted to pick it back up now). The landing in Alexandria makes for potentially interesting stuff (as it did on the telly) as folks so embattled and bitter, so twisted by what they've had to do to survive try to fit into a normal life. How they can't trust it, nor believe it real. While I can be a little down on this series in its ambitions there's no denying I can't wait to read the next lot to see what happens next.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 September, 2020, 09:37:05 PM
I'm surprised how much of the series was reflected in the telly show (I've watched the first 7 seasons, tempted to pick it back up now).

I was always a volume or 2 in front of the TV show and for the most part I didn't mind the differences. In fact I was always looking forward to see how they would tie in the story lines with the Characters they had or had not killed off. I did find the later seasons dragging and some episodes were not needed. So I'm now interested how the will finish off their "final" season 11 when it comes.
Maybe because there are no books to reference I gave "Fear" another chance (and really enjoyed season 4)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Given the divergence from the books, they have no option but to end the series differently from the books. My guess is we [spoiler]won't see a big flash forward, and it will end with the main plot strands from that group being tied up, but in a relatively positive open-ended fashion that allows for as many spin-offs as they choose. Although that they've already announced some irks, given that you now know at least two characters that have ultimate cheat plot armour—not that they didn't before, I suppose[/spoiler].

Trooper McFad

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 10:25:45 AM
Given the divergence from the books, they have no option but to end the series differently from the books. My guess is we [spoiler]won't see a big flash forward, and it will end with the main plot strands from that group being tied up, but in a relatively positive open-ended fashion that allows for as many spin-offs as they choose. Although that they've already announced some irks, given that you now know at least two characters that have ultimate cheat plot armour—not that they didn't before, I suppose[/spoiler].

I agree and I'm curious how positive of an end they will show. Though an equally negative ending/twist could work for me too because in the end they are all Walking Dead!

Proudhuff

has there been any word on dates for the final series?
DDT did a job on me

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 September, 2020, 11:05:12 AM
has there been any word on dates for the final series?

I'm sure the last episodes of last season airs 4 Oct - there's 6 more episodes! The final season will be 24 episodes and be aired over 2 years and ending in 2022!!! A lot of episodes to fill