Main Menu

The Walking Dead Comic thread

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: cuckooclocks on 10 January, 2013, 06:33:31 PM
Hes not gonna do to that eye socket what we're all thinking hes gonna do with it, is he? ?

If he does, then TWD is no better than Crossed at its worse, and I'll be out.
DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

I had a peep at issue 100 of The Walking Dead in FP the other day and wish I hadn't. Saw a frame with Carl in it. Cant wait to see how that happened.
I'm only at the point where they have come across the huge herd.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Proudhuff

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 February, 2013, 09:48:35 PM
I had a peep at issue 100 of The Walking Dead in FP the other day and wish I hadn't. Saw a frame with Carl in it. Cant wait to see how that happened.
I'm only at the point where they have come across the huge herd.
V

That's not the worse thing you could have seen in that issue. The latest issue at least has some zombies in it unlike the previous still waiting for [spoiler]the Govenor II to punish Carl[/spoiler]  :o
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

I'm up to Volume 18 of the TPB now and still enjoying this. Some fantastic suspense with the Carl situation. And again the real horror is the violence and pain the survivors inflict on each other.

My only reservations that two of the recently introduced characters(Jesus and Ezekial) do seem rather like script writer creations rather than real people. I've always felt similarly about Michone but at the moment, along with the sudden appearance of three nearby communities, it smacks of desperation.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 July, 2013, 08:42:16 PM
I've always felt similarly about Michone but at the moment, along with the sudden appearance of three nearby communities, it smacks of desperation.

Similarities of Ezekiel to elements of Life of Pi don't help this impression, but at least in recent issues Kirkman is furiously lampshading his biblical crew.

sheldipez

Volume 18 had me disgusted, horrified, pumped and made me laugh out loud, usually going from panel to panel.

It still remains a fantastic comic IMO.

Proudhuff

Due to not being near the comic shoppe for a while I've missed the last couple (i think) of issues, may have to trade wait... however not sure its worth it, see above. 
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Just read Issue 111 and 112, oh shit.

Proudhuff

Issue 113, I count er,[spoiler] no zombies,[/spoiler] can't be right is it? anyone had a look at those 'Character Specials' comics that are out? is there new stuff in there or just old pages reheated collated?
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Yeah but that was good issue 113, with [spoiler]Andrea[/spoiler]... and that [spoiler]ending[/spoiler]...

The Adventurer

For the last year I've been getting a bit bored with Walking Dead. I was actually on the cusp of dropping it after over 10 years of reading it (started reading with #1).

But the last two issues have gotten thing exciting again. I do hope it can maintain its energy moving forward.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Goaty

Issue 114;

Wow that was good, and that was so unexpected!!

Toni Scandella

It WAS good, [spoiler]in that hopefully the storyline with Negan will soon be over.  I can't stand the character, though Kirkman clearly loves writing his dialog I just find him really boring[/spoiler].

Proudhuff

suddenly its all interesting again... [spoiler]never get out the boat![/spoiler]
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

117 and we're back!! massed zombie, all out war! the build up has been lengthy but worth it!
DDT did a job on me