Main Menu

Prog 2208 - The Powers of London!

Started by broodblik, 18 November, 2020, 02:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Calhab - it's not Rebellion, it is the postal service that are having issues...

Not really up to TMO to recompense you.

CalHab

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 November, 2020, 12:44:14 PM
Calhab - it's not Rebellion, it is the postal service that are having issues...

Quote from: CalHab on 21 November, 2020, 11:27:21 AM
I realise it's not their fault

Something Fishy

Yup still nothing here either.   No prog or Meg from last week and, of course, not this week.

Have they said what is going on with the postal service?

Something Fishy

True cal, or just an update formally telling us what has happened.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: CalHab on 21 November, 2020, 11:27:21 AM
Still no prog or Meg. It's been a long time since it was this late.

I realise it's not their fault, but it would be nice if they could provide a digital prog for paper subscribers.

This is the fourth time in the last couple of months that my prog has been late - and by late, I'm talking a couple of days past the day it hits the newsagent, rather than just "it didn't arrive the Saturday before". I've twice had to ask the subs team to send new copies as two progs simply didn't arrive at all, one after two weeks of waiting for it. It's the worst the subs service has been since I started subscribing back in the early '00s, and while it's clearly a postal issue I think the subs team are considering ways to manage it - last time a prog went missing, the subs team sent a replacement and offered to unlock the digital prog for me until it arrived. Something like that (if it could be set up simply, and not open to abuse) would be a nice gesture for physical subs who are experiencing regular delays.

Something Fishy

That sounds good.  I did email them yesterday but got no reply.  Is there a specific address I can forward it onto the subs team?

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Something Fishy on 21 November, 2020, 03:08:34 PM
That sounds good.  I did email them yesterday but got no reply.  Is there a specific address I can forward it onto the subs team?

There was a specific subs email at one point, but every time I've contacted them recently it's been through the contact form on the website. Response times have varied from same-day to four days later, and I think it's simply a case of how busy they are that week.

Something Fishy

ah ok cheers.  I've tried the shop address and will see what happens.

scrotnig

Quote from: Something Fishy on 21 November, 2020, 02:21:03 PM
Yup still nothing here either.   No prog or Meg from last week and, of course, not this week.

Have they said what is going on with the postal service?
There was a Tweet a few days ago about it.

It's not remotely their fault yet their business could suffer for it in the long run. A business they have done extremely well to keep going throughout this crisis, and for which I am both grateful and impressed.

For myself - I just sit and wait patiently. As at yesterday, I was fully up to date having received Meg 426 and Prog 2208 afew days ago. I suspect 2209 will be late, it's ok though. It can't be helped. My full sub is due in January, it absolutely WILL be renewed, as it always has been since around 2005.

Colin YNWA

IT'S LANDED!!! Its landed its landed, its landed... now to find time to read it...

Richard

"My comic is late, which is diabolical even though I wouldn't have time to read it yet anyway. I demand compensation from the people whose fault it isn't. I will have my vengeance, in this world or the next!"

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Richard on 21 November, 2020, 04:12:16 PM
"My comic is late, which is diabolical even though I wouldn't have time to read it yet anyway. I demand compensation from the people whose fault it isn't. I will have my vengeance, in this world or the next!"

Ha! :D

I think everyone knows Rebellion isn't at fault here, so this more just spitballing about whether there's anything they could/should do given that the post situation doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Colin YNWA

Well when the Prog is this good its worth the wait - and if I'm lucky will mean the next one lands soon so we get to the thrilling conclusion of Hookjaw soon!

Dredd  - Neimand is just so good. This is a superb interlude that also serves to really drive things forward as well. Wonderful.

Stickleback - Bang, smash, CRASH - all action monster episode - what fun!

Hookjaw - speaking of all action monster episodes that's exactly what this one is too. Imaginatively and excellently executed, Ranking up the tension before next weeks finale. Fantastic stuff.

Skippy the not to bad any more - was pretty exciting again and I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap this one up next week.

Fiends - Continues to craft its tale immaculately as Constanta come home - though he doesn't know it and meets a fate he wasn't expecting from a wicked Uncle... though we know that won't turn out as his uncle hopes! Just magnificent.

What a great Prog.

73north

no prog this week - things are really bad - lucky if i get a Prog at all during week lately
hope this arrives at start of the new week - sadly Prog less

Darren Stephens

Yeh, not received this prog yet, or last week's. There where none in either of the two branches of Smith's locally, either.....I'm sure they'll arrive eventually. Can't be helped!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^