Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardsfingers

Quote from: Rara Avis on 23 September, 2019, 11:10:16 AM
Have any other figurines or extras been dispatched with these issues? (45-56)?
Most recent one was Rogue Trooper, which came a couple of deliveries back, so probably with issues 51/52.

Rara Avis

Cannco

Going back to DC Absolute Editions....I have the Sandman Absolutes and they have the best binding of any books I own. Has anyone had any problems with 2000ad bindings? The spine itself doesn't stretch so will be prone to splitting over time - cheaper to publish the books that way .

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Cannco on 23 September, 2019, 07:01:19 PMI have the Sandman Absolutes and they have the best binding of any books I own.
Gah. I've been tempted by these. Stop tempting me.

Cannco

You won't regret it ! Now that I think of it, have any 2000ad books ever been reprinted in absolute format size - the only thing I can think of is possibly zenith?

Mattofthespurs

I've got those Sandman books too and they are beautiful.
The DC Golden Age archives have great bindings too as do the majority of the Marvel omnibuses.
I guess you get what you pay for.

Tomwe

Well, the FB page followed through on their offer and sent me another copy of #54. This one matches on the spine so I'm happy, though it has a ding on the spine's base. They give, they take away.
If anyone wants the other opened, slightly misaligned copy let me know?

abelardsnazz

Rogue volume 4 contains everything up to the end of the Jose Ortiz run. The intro says the reboot will be covered in the next volume but no story details. Presumably The War Machine, don't think The Hit and the Michael Fleisher stuff are considered up to much, so what else? Hoping for Cinnabar to get some John Smith in the collection at last. Enfleshings, Hollow Town and Shock Tactics would be great too.

IndigoPrime

It'd be a chunky book, but War Machine, Cinnebar, and Tor Cyan clock in at around 250 pages of strip. Now, that is a volume I'd be very happy to see.

Tomwe

Jade Falcon

And my Volume 54 Slaine still isnt in.  It seems Hachette screwed up somewhere.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

From the latest Previews, following volume "7" the Slaine books are giving up that numbered structure: issue 61 is Slaine Book Of Invasions Vol 1, much like ABC Warriors' The Volgon War Vol 1.

Tomwe

...so would the remaining vols for Slaine be: one more ...Invasions, one book covering Wanderer & Scars, and finishing off with Brutania x2?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 26 September, 2019, 10:29:14 AM
...so would the remaining vols for Slaine be: one more ...Invasions, one book covering Wanderer & Scars, and finishing off with Brutania x2?

Yep, I think so. I tried to work out how it'd all fit into 13 books a while ago, just after the fifth book had come out, and got this:

Vol 1 - Warriors Dawn
Vol 2 - Time Killer
Vol 3 - Slaine the King
Vol 4 - Horned God
Vol 5 - Demon Killer, Lord Of Misrule

Vol 6 -  Treasures Of Britain (136)
Vol 7 - The Grail War (176)
Vol 8 - Lord Of The Beasts (256)
Vol 9 - Book Of Invasions 1 (112), Book Of Invasions 2 (112) = 224
Vol 10 - Book Of Invasions 3 (128), The Wanderer (128) = 256
Vol 11 - Book Of Scars (192)
Vol 12 - Brutania 1 (112), Brutania 2 (112) = 224
Vol 13 - Brutania 3 (101), Brutania 4 (96) = 197

Nearly three volumes later, this still seems broadly correct; except that the exisiting Book of Scars book is actually quite light on strip content, so we'll probably get a split that's more akin to:

Vol 1 - Warriors Dawn
Vol 2 - Time Killer
Vol 3 - Slaine the King
Vol 4 - Horned God
Vol 5 - Demon Killer, Lord Of Misrule
Vol 6 -  Treasures Of Britain
Vol 7 - The Grail War
Vol 8 - Lord Of The Beasts

Vol 9 - Book Of Invasions 1 (Moloch, Golamh, Scota)
Vol 10 - Book Of Invasions 2 (Tara, Odacon, Carnivale)
Vol 11 - The Wanderer, Book of Scars
Vol 12 - Brutania 1, Brutania 2
Vol 13 - Brutania 3, Brutania 4

Pretty much as you said!
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

Just tried to buy Strontium Dog volume 6 (issue 52, vol 9) and it's out of stock. 😬

Forbidden Planet hasn't got it either -online or in the London shop. No luck at Orbital either 😢.