Main Menu

Editing Forum Profile

Started by Steve Edwards UK, 22 September, 2012, 11:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Edwards UK

This is going to sound REALLY stupid, but I just can't find a link anywhere to edit things like my avatar and other profile related info.  I know it can be done - I've done it before (long ago). Any help?

Batman's Superior Cousin

Profile followed by Forum Profile. It's amongst the links above your avatar.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Steve Edwards UK

I'm obviously missing something.  This is what I'm seeing (Firefox browser - same in IE).

If I click My user name above the avatar in a post it returns an error saying, "You are not allowed to access this section."

Batman's Superior Cousin

Hmmm, someone with more experience might help you!!!

Here's the link to your Forum Profile: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

michael kennedy

I have the same problem except when i clicked on that link, it says error etc.

Frank

I seem to remember you can't edit your own profile, look at anyone else's profile, or send Private Messages until you receive the blessing of the sainted mods. There's no science to when or how this happens, they'll just decide you're one of us whenever they feel like it. I might be wrong.

Dandontdare

This is true - I wondered how you had managed to get an avatar pic up at all though if that was the case - but I see you joined a few years ago before this 'probationary period' system came into place. Just make some more posts (or contact the mods) and they should be able to upgrade you to fully fledged member.

michael kennedy

Quote from: sauchie on 01 November, 2012, 04:52:00 PM
I seem to remember you can't edit your own profile, look at anyone else's profile, or send Private Messages until you receive the blessing of the sainted mods. There's no science to when or how this happens, they'll just decide you're one of us whenever they feel like it. I might be wrong.

reminds of hot fuzz...

'one of us'

anyway, thanks guys, i'll look into it.

payres

I'm having the same problem editing my profile....

And this is the first topic I've seen that's actually let me reply to it!  I've been trying to reply in the prog section and can't.